How to disable SIP in Monterey

dramsey

AMD OS X Member
I've been trying to do this all afternoon so I can try Kepler Patcher, with no luck.

In config.plist, I've set csr-active-config to "00000000", and also added "csr-active-config" as a parameter in NVRAM->Delete->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82,

No joy. On each reboot, "csrutil status" still returns "Enabled".

There's also a handy key in the file called "AllowToggleSip", which, if enabled, should show an SIP toggle in the OpenCore boot picker. Nope, that doesn't have any effect either. If I had any other volumes with an EFI mounted I'd swear I was booting from another drive...

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Boot to the recovery, launch Terminal and run csrutil disable. In OC 00000000 is SIP enabled.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It works ;) With OpenCore it acts more like a real Mac.

dramsey

AMD OS X Member
It works ;) With OpenCore it acts more like a real Mac.
It did in fact work-- I also finally figured out that I can simply tap the space bar to get the "SIP Toggle", which also works.

What doesn't work-- Kepler Patcher V2, which in the two attempts I've made has rendered the machine unbootable each time. After two failed boot attempts it falls back to Recovery, from which I re-installed Monterey 12.1. Maybe it's an AMD thing?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It should work fine on AMD. You'll also need to disable authenticed root in the recovery too. csrutil authenticated-root disable

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Correct yes.

dramsey

AMD OS X Member
Sadly, evne with:

• SIP disabled
  • Authenticated root disabled
  • SecureBootModel set to "Disabled" in config.plist...

...running Kepler Patcher 2.0 still results in an unbeatable system. The progress bar gets about halfway across before rebooting.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.