How do I get into safe mode with OC from the bootloader menu?

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does anyone know how to get into safe mode (or insert any other boot args) from the opencore bootloader menu screen?
I know I can add boot args when I have already booted into the desktop (using opencore configurator or propertree etc), but how can I add any boot args at the boot menu?
I tried holding shift when booting but nothing happens.
Fyi I am using OC 0.5.9

beltzak

AMD OS X Member
Same problem here. Is there a way to edit boot-args in interactive mode in the picker?

Last edited:

tony535

AMD OS X Member
i'm trying to figure this out also help anyone

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Enable PollAppleHotKeys in your config under Misc -> Boot. Once it's enabled and you are at the OC boot menu. Press CTRL + X then boot the volume. This should boot into macOS with safe boot. Same for verbose but it's CTRL + V

sersivid

AMD OS X Member
The simplest way to boot Safe Mode is to hold the “Shift” key when clicking “Restart” on the Power menu. You can do this either on the login screen or through the Charms bar menu. From there, you will be taken to the “Startup Settings” screen. vidmate instagram video download

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.