Hoping to try Hackintoshing for the first time. Any help would be great.

EchOS

AMD OS X Member
I've been part of the Tech community for quite a long time. Recently my MacBook broke down and I resorted to getting a PC. I still want to use OSX Because (at least to me) it is easier to navigate and more stable.

Thanks in advance.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You can't install macOS on a system with only the CPU's AMD Radeon graphics, as the AMD integrated GPU is not supported. You need a discrete GPU to run macOS on an AMD system, which your IdeaCentre doesn't provide.

EchOS

AMD OS X Member
You can't install macOS on a system with only the CPU's AMD Radeon graphics, as the AMD integrated GPU is not supported. You need a discrete GPU to run macOS on an AMD system, which your IdeaCentre doesn't provide.

Oh, I see. Thanks anyway.

mastanikhan

AMD OS X Member
For a number of years now, Apple Macs have shipped with Intel processors, the very same ones found in a PC. In fact, quite a number of hardware components are similar on both PC and Mac, aside from the shiny aluminum case.

And some intelligent people have figured out a way to install Mac OS X standard PC hardware, thereby fooling it into thinking it’s a real Mac.

The main benefit is, of course, price. Building your own Hackintosh from a list of pre-vetted components known to be compatible will cost you considerably less than a real Mac.

The downside to all this is that building a Hackintosh is that it’s not for the faint-hearted — it takes some research and some knowledge of building a PC, and an element of trial and error to get a fully working system.

Luckily for us, there are a lot of really great resources online to help in building a Hackintosh.

My personal favorite is www.tonymacx86.com, where you’ll find hardware buying guides. It also showcases handy installer tools such as Unibeast and Multibeast, which pretty much create a Hackintosh for you if you have the right hardware.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.