Solved High Sierra 10.13.6!!! Karnel Panic After 1 Year without Problems

Max

AMD OS X Member
All of sudden now I get a karnel panic while trying to boot. It's been a while since my last high sierra update. I was afraid that if I update Open Core, Kexts and High Sierra my system would crash. Well it happened anyway (Wonder if Apple is creating this type of bugs?). I noticed before that even if I copied my EFI folder to my USB with current kexts and try to boot from there I would get a karnel panic. Since my pc was working fine without an USB I left it alone. The only problems I got was that I couldn't shutdown the system properly and that near apple's update the pc would freeze a couple times but I got used to it and didn't bother to fix it. I worked so hard to make it work on my current hardware. My files and everything else is there someone help me???

Installed Operating Systems: High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G12034) & Windows 10
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Motherboard: GA-970A-DS3P RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
SSD: Kingston 240GB (macOS) & Kingston 120GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate & 1TB WDC
LAN: RTL8111
Sound: HDMI
Bootloader: OpenCore

Here is the EFI folder from my USB:

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    19 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    977.5 KB · Views: 18

Max

AMD OS X Member
Try this.
No Success. Stuck on black screen after selecting external EFI folder. I noticed is taking a longer time to load Open Core menu.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Do you see the boot picker? If so you don’t boot to the EFI partition from there. You need to select the boot option that has your hard drive name.

Max

AMD OS X Member
Do you see the boot picker? If so you don’t boot to the EFI partition from there. You need to select the boot option that has your hard drive name.
Yes I did that too but still got the same error:

Like a said before I use a usb as a EFI folder backup. The EFI folder I posted here is a couple weeks old now I got the current EFI folder that used to work till last night It got even the open core boot logs in it. Maybe it can help:

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    23.5 MB · Views: 7

Max

AMD OS X Member
Yes I did that too but still got the same error:

Like a said before I use a usb as a EFI folder backup. The EFI folder I posted here is a couple weeks old now I got the current EFI folder that used to work till last night It got even the open core boot logs in it. Maybe it can help:
Just to clarify I replaced my EFI folder on my hard drive for the one you send me. Still get the same error

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Opencore log won’t show anything useful as this panic is happening after. Unfortunately the important part of the panic is missing. Can you try video the boot and either upload the video or take stills from the start of the panic.

Max

AMD OS X Member
Opencore log won’t show anything useful as this panic is happening after. Unfortunately the important part of the panic is missing. Can you try video the boot and either upload the video or take stills from the start of the panic.
Did my best. Screen moves too fast.

Max

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• Recorded Boot Screen 2 (MP4).rar
    43.3 MB · Views: 1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
There seems to be a patch issue there, it looks to panic on initproc. Both EFI folder you've uploaded are very old as are the kernel patches. The one I uploaded had the latest patches from our Github and I updated OC to 0.7.0. I also updated the Acidanthera (Lilu etc) Kexts. Does the exact same thing happen.

Max

AMD OS X Member
There seems to be a patch issue there, it looks to panic on initproc. Both EFI folder you've uploaded are very old as are the kernel patches. The one I uploaded had the latest patches from our Github and I updated OC to 0.7.0. I also updated the Acidanthera (Lilu etc) Kexts. Does the exact same thing happen.

Yes the videos I send you is with your updated EFI folder. I noticed my Open Core menu changed a bit so I guess your EFI folder is in full effect now unfortunately with this kernel panic.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did anything change recently to cause this? BIOS settings changed, BIOS updated, software installed etc?

Max

AMD OS X Member
Did anything change recently to cause this? BIOS settings changed, BIOS updated, software installed etc?
Nothing that I could think of. Everything always worked fine: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Logic etc... Once I tried to update Open Core but got another Kernel panic so I came back to this old EFI folder. I always postponed Apples notification to update High Sierra because I was too afraid to lose my system. Thats why I find very strange all of sudden the system stops almost like Apple is punishing those that refuse to update their systems lol

Max

AMD OS X Member
Nothing that I could think of. Everything always worked fine: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Logic etc... Once I tried to update Open Core but got another Kernel panic so I came back to this old EFI folder. I always postponed Apples notification to update High Sierra because I was too afraid to lose my system. Thats why I find very strange all of sudden the system stops almost like Apple is punishing those that refuse to update their systems lol
Here is my BIO settings just in case:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Using the EFI I made for you can you try making a High Sierra installer and see if it boots.

Max

AMD OS X Member
Using the EFI I made for you can you try making a High Sierra installer and see if it boots.
Your EFI Is working. At least until the part I have to select a language before the macOS Instalation. My mouse is frozen. Any suggestions to make it work???

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
How is your Windows boot behaving? Any issues while in Windows 10?

Max

AMD OS X Member
How is your Windows boot behaving? Any issues while in Windows 10?
No issues at all. Installed Windows on a dedicated Hard Drive 1TB just to play games and for video production ocasionally. macOS is my main system so everytime I turn on the PC it goes directly to High Sierra then when problems like this happens I just need to hit F12 while booting and chose to boot from my Windows 10 hard drive.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Your EFI Is working. At least until the part I have to select a language before the macOS Instalation. My mouse is frozen. Any suggestions to make it work???

Has your mouse always been in the same port? Try removing the GenericUSBXHCI kext leaving the XLNC USB Kext.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
No issues at all. Installed Windows on a dedicated Hard Drive 1TB just to play games and for video production ocasionally. macOS is my main system so everytime I turn on the PC it goes directly to High Sierra then when problems like this happens I just need to hit F12 while booting and chose to boot from my Windows 10 hard drive.

I just had a very similar experience Max! I was gaming in Windows all day, and when I switched back to Mac OS I got a KP! I don't use verbose but during startup and got to the point when the keyboard/mouse would blink on/off (ya know, normal behaviour), it would blink off but never on, instead KP. Was pulling my hair out as after numerous attempts/hours at troubleshooting, even ruing a b/u OS which KP'd, I got nowhere. I woke up my 'hack from sleep when I got up this morning, checked mail, rebooted into Windows 10 for a few hours, rebooted into Mac OS to check mail then back again to Windows. Nothing unusual. No updates or installs for either OS, yet I got KP out of the blue!

I decided to check the BIOS (again) for anything odd i.e. RAM not showing up capacity or XMP speed, drives not showing, etc. Everything looked unchanged except for CSM support which now had an * beside it. Never thought to scroll down to check the first time as I saw no reason why it would have changed in the first place as there was no signs the BIOS had any errors nor reverted to optimized defaults. I clicked to expand the screen and to my surprise CSM support was enabled! I disabled CSM, restarted and all was good. Very odd as I never have CSM enabled to my knowledge, and even more odd is that the BIOS not only enabled it but (thankfully) was showing me that it had changed with the *.

Long story short did you try disabling CSM if it is present for your motherboard?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.