Hi! new and looking for help to try Hackintosh. (Ryzen5900x)

Scuff

AMD OS X Member
Any help would be great! I have a Ryzen 9 5900x and a EVGA RTX 2070 GPU on a AsRock B550M Motherboard.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Nvidia RTX 2070 graphics card is not supported in macOS, any version of macOS.

If you have an old Nvidia Kepler GPU, that might work, alternatively you need an AMD GPU that is metal compatible.

See this GPU Buyers guide for details of supported and unsupported GPU's for macOS.

Your CPU and Motherboard are macOS Compatible, it is just your GPU that isn't.

Scuff

AMD OS X Member
Your Nvidia RTX 2070 graphics card is not supported in macOS, any version of macOS.

If you have an old Nvidia Kepler GPU, that might work, alternatively you need an AMD GPU that is metal compatible.

See this GPU Buyers guide for details of supported and unsupported GPU's for macOS.

Your CPU and Motherboard are macOS Compatible, it is just your GPU that isn't.
Thanks for the reply! Also ram I assume it may not matter? But if so just in case does my Corsair RGB pro 16gb matter ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If it works in your motherboard without any issues, it should be good for running macOS.

I'll be honest I'm not sure about the RGB side of the modules working the same in macOS as they do in Windows. However, the RAM itself should be fine. I'm not of the generation that uses RGB devices in their systems, mine are all set to run quiet and cool with solid side panels, not with a light show.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.