Hi from South Florida

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
Hey folks, want to build a Ryzentosh from either my Ryzen 2200G or Ryzen 1700. I read in another thread that OSX does not support the AMD APUs. Is this correct? If so, seems to make more sense to go with the 1700.

Does OSX support the AMD R9 Fury X? I have one laying around. Otherwise I would have to pick up something else.
(I also have an I7-6700K, but I figure that is a dead end with no upgrade path).

Another question: Does using Bootcamp cause any performance hit in Windows? If this Hackentosh is successful, I would consider converting my main rig to hackentosh as well. Its a 3900x. I use it for business and gaming and gaming is very important to me. If it works fine, I would have to get a new GPU as I use a GTX2070. But, no issue selling it and getting an AMD 5700XT. But it has to run Windows perfectly with no performance hit.

I'm just tired of Windows for Business. There are so many small bugs in Windows ands things that go wrong for no reason. I Would consider Linux, but I find OSX more polished while still being stable.

Also, I have a crazy project I will work on if I can get a Hackentosh to work. I have a PowerMac G4 Cube that I would modify and put in an Ryzen Hackentosh system.

Thanks!

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I picked up some very old HD 7000 series card for around 10 bucks to start building before my final GPU arrived. Depends on how much power you need.
Just today I heard rumors about a very low end RX 5300 might be coming.

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
R9 Fury X is working! Now...is it compatible?

From the link...thank you... it is compatible!
Needed kexts

I will learn how to install kext I am sure. But it looks like I have everything I need. So, 1700 or 2200G? I'm thinking 1700, but correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a ton...I am very good at most things PC, but never did a Hackentosh before. I even have a early 2009 macbook running Catalina thanks to Dosdude.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For a Hackintosh a 1700 would probably be easier due to no iGPU being in the way.

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
Ok! Going to start on Saturday night on the Hackentosh. Any advice is appreciated. Opencore? Sounds like the better option.

TAM305

AMD OS X Member
i am from South FLorida to let me know if u need any help... OpenCore is your best bet

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
i am from South FLorida to let me know if u need any help... OpenCore is your best bet
Thanks! I will. Can someone direct me to the page of all compatible components? See if any of my USB wifi are compatible or I will but a new one. Also the onboard sound.

Thanks again.

TAM305

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.