BonkerCronk

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

First post here! I tried a hackintosh on a Sony VAIO laptop back in 2014. At the time I used a Mountain Lion 10.8 distro and some tools from tonymac to get things running but the final experience wasn't really great. Especially since the Mobility Radeon 4650 display driver was never available. I swore to myself then that I would build my own rig that would have the perfect components for a Hackintosh. Then came Ryzen - stealing my heart that always favoured Intel more, killing that Hackintosh dream (I never knew that AMD hackintoshes could be built at the time Ryzen was initially launched).

After a couple of years of arguments/evaluations (Intel vs AMD Ryzen) and 3 Ryzen generations later, I built a Ryzen desktop a couple of months back. Selected the components keeping hackintoshing (and prices) in mind though I started getting lazy after assembling it. A few days back, I came across an OpenCore EFI on GitHub meant for Asrock B550 mobos. I downloaded that, made a USB from a VM, and installed it onto the desktop. Everything went smooth and I was really impressed with the final result. I wanted to make my own EFI with OpenCore 0.7.2, so I went ahead, downloaded OC and all related tools and started configuring and putting everything together. It took me a couple of days to get it to work correctly, but I enjoyed the experience of building the EFI on my own immensely. I will be making a separate post on that in the success stories thread in a couple of days. I also fixed the memory misconfigured error (RestrictEvents.kext never worked for me). USB port mapping remains and I will take it up once I get some time.

Long story short, my Hac works, can install Big Sur properly though I'm stuck with Catalina since my USB wifi adapter does not have drivers for Big Sur. Hope to catch up with all soon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.