Hi, from Austin TX

cubaLibR3

AMD OS X Member
Hello folks,

I'm trying to get a windows gaming PC to dual boot as a hackintosh.

System Specs:
1) CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 X
2) MoBo: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI
3) GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
4) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE 32GB (2x16GB)

I understand that there are no drivers for the Turing architecture cards (RTX). I hope I can use the MoBo graphics to run my monitors when booting from the hackintosh.
Any recommendations for Broadcom wireless cards compatible with this build.

Cheers,
G

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There is no integrated graphics in your build. But as far as I know you could use the RTX in VESA mode.

cubaLibR3

AMD OS X Member
There is no integrated graphics in your build. But as far as I know you could use the RTX in VESA mode.

The Gigabyte Aorus Pro motherboard shows that it has onboard Intel HD Graphics support.

"Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
  1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.2.
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Actual support may vary by CPU"

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/sp#sp

I couldn't find anythin about VESA mode support for RTX when I searched.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
First, you've linked to the Intel Z390 Version, this would be yours: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x#kf
Yes, both boards support CPU integrated graphics, but the Ryzen 3000 Desktop series does not have an integrated GPU. And AMD APUs are not supported by MacOS either.

You could install a second GPU and disable the RTX.

cubaLibR3

AMD OS X Member

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
First, you've linked to the Intel Z390 Version, this would be yours: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x#kf
Yes, both boards support CPU integrated graphics, but the Ryzen 3000 Desktop series does not have an integrated GPU. And AMD APUs are not supported by MacOS either.

You could install a second GPU and disable the RTX.

1st post here, but relates to me. Glad I got an answer. MacOS does not support the AMD APUs? So no Vega 8 graphics from my 2200G?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Xa3phod I saw some rare posts from time to time of people claiming at least some basic output working but I never saw a complete guide on how and what you can actually get to work. But I would not count on a very usable result.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.