corsino

AMD OS X Member
Hallo, I'm Cristian from Italy,
I'm trying to install a mac os on a laptop. just need it for music, logic audio and other audio stuffs.
The laptop is an ASUS F505z
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2500U
GPU Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz
RAM 8,00 GB ... I'll upgrade it soon

Don't know where to start

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi,

AMD integrated graphics are not supported by macOS therefore they are not very suitable to run macOS.

corsino

AMD OS X Member
Ok, I have another Older Machine with Intel I7 CPU.
The laptop is an HP DV7 3170 EL.
Intel Core i7-720QM (6Mb, 1.6GHz),
RAM 4GB DDR3 (2 x 2048MB),
2x 500GB SATA 7200rpm,
17.3" (1600 x 900), NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M 1GB GDDR3,
DVD SM DL, 802.11 b/g/n + BT,
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
I just need it for Audio Tools like Logic Audio and other exclusive Mac Software.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You should be able to run macOS on the HP laptop with a Kaby Lake CPU. Here is the OC guide for a Kaby Lake Laptop - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/kaby-lake.html

You will have to use the Intel GPU, as the Nvidia GPU is likely to be what is called a 'Switchable' graphics card, which is common on Windows laptops but has never been used in macOS by Apple. So the GT 230M will need to be disabled, either with this boot argument -wegnoegpu or a custom SSDT-DDGPU.aml.

Sorry my mistake it is a laptop with an Arrandale CPU with a discrete Nvidia GPU, not a Kaby Lake laptop. That is a seriously old system, but is still Hackable. It has a limit of running macOS High Sierra at best.

Here is the link to the OpenCore guide for an Arrandale laptop - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/arrandale.html

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You may need to max out the Memory in the HP laptop to 8GB (2 x 4GB) to make it work with the software you are proposing to use.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.