Hi all! Looking for some advice

RecedingTwo

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone! Firstly wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work everyone has done on this forum - I cannot count the number of times I've found solutions to my problems here.

Aside from that, I'm glad to report that I have my first 100% working build (mostly - many thanks to @willza3 and @Mattis-Schulte for providing base configurations). I was actually curious if someone could take a look at my EFI folder to see if there's anything I missed (or should change) in particular?

The only real problem I have with my build is that occasionally I will get stutters that occur for a couple of seconds. However, I cannot get these freezes consistently, and they do not occur on Windows. During these freezes, I will get kernel log messages mentioning: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): timeout waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator but the system does not crash, it un-freezes after 4 seconds or so.

I'm not too sure if it will help. Still, I also used to get dumpgpurestart errors as well when using video conferencing software (such as MS Teams, Google Meet, and Discord), but I have not had the issue for a little now - maybe a macOS update fixed it?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Congrats on your first build and welcome to the community!
Which version of macOS are you using?

RecedingTwo

AMD OS X Member
Congrats on your first build and welcome to the community!
Which version of macOS are you using?
Thanks! I've been really enjoying learning more about the Hackintosh community.
I'm currently using macOS Big Sur 11.3 (Build 20E232)

OG Deltwin

The FX Guy
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone! Firstly wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work everyone has done on this forum - I cannot count the number of times I've found solutions to my problems here.

Aside from that, I'm glad to report that I have my first 100% working build (mostly - many thanks to @willza3 and @Mattis-Schulte for providing base configurations). I was actually curious if someone could take a look at my EFI folder to see if there's anything I missed (or should change) in particular?

The only real problem I have with my build is that occasionally I will get stutters that occur for a couple of seconds. However, I cannot get these freezes consistently, and they do not occur on Windows. During these freezes, I will get kernel log messages mentioning: (IOAcceleratorFamily2) virtual IOReturn IOAccelEventMachine2::waitForStamp(int32_t, stamp_t, stamp_t *): timeout waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator but the system does not crash, it un-freezes after 4 seconds or so.

I'm not too sure if it will help. Still, I also used to get dumpgpurestart errors as well when using video conferencing software (such as MS Teams, Google Meet, and Discord), but I have not had the issue for a little now - maybe a macOS update fixed it?
welcome bro!

RecedingTwo

AMD OS X Member
Just in case this helps anyone else that's having the same issues, I noticed that when using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, my GPU (Vega 64) would turbo up to a clock speed of ~2000Mhz (with and without custom powerplay tables). I believe that this was the cause for the timeout waiting for AMDRadeonAccelerator error that I was getting, as the GPU was possibly crashing due to the high clock speed.

Once I switched to the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS and reinstalled macOS, I've noticed that the issues have gone away completely (or at least from what I can tell).

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.