Hi all, another Noob

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Firstly, I've received far more help here than anywhere else, especially Toxxxxx.com that banned me (for a week) because I asked a few questions about AMD support .
My machine is a bit basic, mainly to be used with Logic Pro , and Windows for everything else (except Final cut). It's a WIP still, and I just had to get rid of a few bugs.

I used this Youtube video from TechTunerLife, as a guide for my Catalina Install, as well as referring to Dortania on Github for Opencore.

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
Looking forward your success story, mate

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Logic Pro works well. Only drama is my headphones, being BT, the latency will be crap.

I have a Crucial MX500 SATA SSD in there and I am trying to clone the drive on to a Kingston A2000 (faster). I was using EaseUs and Clone Carbon Copy. No success so back to the slow Time Machine Backup onto an Ext 500GB. Thes restoring onto the Kingston. Once done, I can then start on installing Windows on my other Kingston SSD. :)

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
I have a Crucial MX500 SATA SSD in there and I am trying to clone the drive on to a Kingston A2000 (faster). I was using EaseUs and Clone Carbon Copy. No success so back to the slow Time Machine Backup onto an Ext 500GB. Thes restoring onto the Kingston. Once done, I can then start on installing Windows on my other Kingston SSD. :)

Use clonezilla instead. And dont forget to turn off security from BIOS

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Thank you. With all my trying to copy to another drive, the originl won't boot up, unless I have a USB boot disk. Looks like a fresh reinstall, and a cable running through the house. LOL.
Windows would be easy. Use a boot disk, and go sys c: in the old days. ;)

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I selected my new SSD as the startup disk (which didn't work), and I repeated the process for my Crucial 2.5" SSD, and I am now back to subnormal. I just need to get the new SSD cloned successfully and booting. It's like its not finding the boot sector etc.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Champion
Carbon Copy Cloner.....Failed
Time Machine Backup.....Failed
Easus.....Failed
Clonezilla.....SUCCESS!!!

Thank you, Kudos to you RyzenPro
PS You must be a fellow Aussie.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I have just installed windows 10 on the other a2000 ssd, and i still have mouse issues. I guess i will have to stop using my logitech k600, and try a different keyboard/mouse combo.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.