Help with installation - 3700X + 5700 XT

Deleted member 16313

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

Currency trying to install Big Sur but running in to some issues.. Will attach logs + EFI. Someone kind enough that want to help me and find out the issue?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Logs.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which motherboard are you using?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try using the EFI attached below, which is set for an 8-core CPU/AMD Ryzen system.
  1. It contains your current PlatformInfo.
  2. It doesn't contain your UTBMap.kext or the USBToolBox.kext. As your UTBMap.kext is not correct and needs further work before you can use it. You are trying to activate 22 ports on a single USB controller, which is not going to work.
  3. It uses the npci=0x2000 boot argument, so you need to make sure that your bios doesn't have the 'Above 4G Decoding' option enabled.
  4. It uses the OC GUI boot screen, not the Picker List (text) screen.
  5. It has a few additional Drivers and Tools.
  6. It only contains one SSDT for EC and USB power settings, yours had two SSDT's both aiming to do the same thing.
  7. The rest is standard as far as the OC guide for AMD Ryzen systems.
Let us know if you run in to any issues, take a picture of the screen if it kernel panics. But hopefully this will allow you to install macOS Big Sur on your MSI board.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 10

Deleted member 16313

AMD OS X Member
Hello, thanks for the help but sadly not working. When trying I get spammed with Stuck on tx_flush (Couting from 1 -> infinity) after about 5 mintues after I try to boot from the disk. Will attach new log as well.

Attachments

• New log.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 1

Nota81

AMD OS X Member
Hello, thanks for the help but sadly not working. When trying I get spammed with Stuck on tx_flush (Couting from 1 -> infinity) after about 5 mintues after I try to boot from the disk. Will attach new log as well.

I think your BIOS settings are not correct. Disable the 'Above 4G Decoding' option.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.