HELP: Open Core Does Not see Mac Installer

JimPea

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

I've been Hackintoshing since Snow Leopard and have decided to move my rig to Open Core using Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide for 0.7.8 for a Mac OS X High Sierra installation since I have a Nivda card. However, I'm running into an issue that I've not been able to resolve myself. When I boot into OpenCore there is not an option install Mac OS. I only get:
1. OpenShell.efi
2. Restart NVRAM

I've started with OpenCore 7.5 and had the same issue and done research and none of the common solutions works for me (ScanPolicy set to 0, MinDate and MinVersion both set to -, put USB stick in a the legacy port, etc..) I've gone through the Config.plist twice and on the second pass missed fixed a few minor things such as the keyboard setting but so far have not been able to resolve the issue. I have read were some people have up and downgraded to success but not for me.

In the 10+ years of hackintoshing can usually research my way to a solution but after spending many hours I'm stumped. I feel I'm close, but just missing something. If any one can help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Attached are the Config.plst file and a screen shot of my EFI directory. Below are the BOIS settings that I've changed per Dortania related to my MOBO and notes that I've made for the current configuration.

BIOS Changes

Disabled:

• Fast Boot (BIOS Features)
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES) (Bios Features)
  • CSM Support Not listed, but Boot Mode Selection (UEFI Only)
Enable
  • Execute Disable Bit enabled by default
  • Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled (Peripherals tab)
  • (EHCI/XHCI Hand-off) (Peripherals tab)
  • Set XHCI Mode to Auto (not Smart Auto)
  • Set OS Type to Other OS (Bios Features) (OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode) (Bios Features)
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
  • Set device list to FDD instead of CD-RO
NOTES

Hack Notes for OC 7.8 Config
(March 6)

Device Properties
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/haswell.html#deviceproperties

I don’t have PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) so did not do anything with this.

The way I read it Lilu and WhatEverGreen now do the work of this task so no need to do anything now.

And..

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)

Docs say “You can delete this property outright as it's unused for us at this time.” However, I’m unsure what to delete of the two options below, or if it is OK to just leave them since they maybe ignored.
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
Layout-Id

Kernel > Quirks
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/haswell.html#quirks-3

DisableIoMapper I have it set to FALSE since VT-D is disabled in BIOS

NVRAM
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/haswell.html#nvram

boot-args:
Based on how I read the instruction I have it set to the following: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1

PlatformInfo
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/haswell.html#platforminfo

I created the settings here a few months ago and don’t recall how I did it. Not sure if this would be the cause of the issue since the serial number is not valid.

APFS

In the past I have used the long string of numbers below but it made no difference and now just set both values to -1.

macOS VersionMin VersionMin Date
High Sierra (10.13.6)74807700800000020180621

Attachments

• EFI for High Sierra.png
    EFI for High Sierra.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Config.plist
    28.7 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Confirm if the system you are trying to use OpenCore on is the Intel (Haswell) system in your signature.

If it isn't the Haswell system, confirm the components of the system you are working on. So we know what you are working on and can offer some advice/help.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you want an OpenCore EFI for a Haswell system try the one attached.
  • It uses OC 0.7.5
  • Requires the SMBIOS data for an iMac15,1.
  • It is set with a headless IGPU framebuffer,
  • The boot argument to enable Nvidia Web Drivers and
  • SecureBootModel set as disabled.
See if it works for your system. It does/did in my Z97 systems.

Attachments

• EFI-share 2.zip
    6 MB · Views: 12

JimPea

AMD OS X Member
  • It uses OC 0.7.5
Thanks Edhawk!

I really appreciate you posting it and will give it a try tomorrow.

And, I have Haswell with Intel HD Graphics 4600 so it should work, or at least give me something to reference push me forward.

Thanks again, I'll post an update this week.

JimPea

AMD OS X Member
  • It uses OC 0.7.5
Hello Edhawk,

Good news! Your EFI works on my system.

I had to change the language from Russian to English and manually install the final OS X patch but its all setup and running fine now. The Nvidia drivers installed without a hitch and don't need to do anything else.

I did do a comparison of my config file vs yours and see areas that were different or incomplete from yours, so yes, you saved me a lot of time.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.