Help OCS: No Schema

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

So ive got my hack successfully working but I’m annoyed when bootng as im seeing OCS: No Schema for Block 1 index, context <DeviceProperties>!

Attachments

• E1F466BC-565F-49EC-A99C-DC98D4303EF4.jpeg
    E1F466BC-565F-49EC-A99C-DC98D4303EF4.jpeg
    683.8 KB · Views: 21

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

khevinski014

AMD OS X Member
you config.plist has errors. Either compare it to the sample.plist or run it through http://opencore.slowgeek.com
Hi, thanks for your response. Tried that site but still the issue persists. I instead recreated my opencore efi using the release version and its now solved.

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, thanks for your response. Tried that site but still the issue persists. I instead recreated my opencore efi using the release version and its now solved.
Probably the best way to go. I ran into this upgrading OpenCore from 0.5.7 to 0.5.9. For several sections in the config, the term "Block" was renamed to "Delete" to make it more consistent with the term "Add" (I assume). So, for others getting this schema error and you want to save a lot of time troubleshooting your config, rebuilding from the sample config will save you a lot of time.

pm

D

Deleted member

Well, in OpenCore development Features are added, some are deleted and some are renamed. Since 0.5.9, the Term "Block" has been Changed to "Delete". So you need to rename that in the config under DeviceProperties.

A good practise for updating OpenCore is:

1. Download latest Release of OC Package
2. Replace BOOTx64.efi, Bootstrap.efi, the Drivers you use and OpenCore.efi files in EFI
3. Download OCConfigCompare
4. RunOCConfigCompare, Press 3 and drag in the sample.config form OC package. Next, press 4 then drag in your config from your EFI Partition and return. Press 5 to compare.
5. Add/correct/rename all the missing/wrong entries in your config, save and compare again hitting 5 until nothing is missing

You need to do this with every update. It's also good practise to have a look at the changelog each time and look for terms like "Added" "Renamed" "Deleted" or "changed". If theese appear you may have to reflect these changes in the config probably.

OT: Do you know anybody in here using his AMD built for music production?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.