[HELP] My hackintosh machine keep freeze and crash

AlwiM26

AMD OS X Member
Hi, about 4 month ago I just finished build my hackintosh pc, it run fine and I had no issue except for the audio through HDMI not working, and in march, I keep switch between windows and my hackintosh, after that I havent boot into my hackintosh for almost 2 weeks, because I had to edit some video using my windows boot, after I boot into my hackintosh, it keep stuck and eventualy the screen would turn blank and didnt show anything and I had to press the restart button on my pc. I use seperate SSD for both of the os, does this happen because I use multiple os? and do i need to reinstall my hackintosh to solve my problem?.
Thank you for any response or help.

Here is the video of my hackintosh being stuck, sorry for the bad quality.

(sorry for my bad english)

PC spec:
cpu : Amd ryzen 2600
mobo : Gigabyte b450m steel legend
gpu : MSI RX 5500XT 4gb
ram : Klevv 16gb
ssd : Adata 240GB & 120GB

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi,
I have seen this problem so many times before now and I’ve noticed it’s hard to find an explanation online as the why it’s happening and how to fix it.
I have good news for you, it’s very simple to fix. All you need to do is clear your nvram and it will be fine after that.
maybe even clear it twice in a row before booting back into macOS.
If you don’t know how to do it you just select the option when your at the boot picker.

AlwiM26

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have seen this problem so many times before now and I’ve noticed it’s hard to find an explanation online as the why it’s happening and how to fix it.
I have good news for you, it’s very simple to fix. All you need to do is clear your nvram and it will be fine after that.
maybe even clear it twice in a row before booting back into macOS.
If you don’t know how to do it you just select the option when your at the boot picker.
Thank you for the advice, i'll try to do it later.
Is it safe to do clear NVRAM? will I lost my data if I do it? sorry, its my first time doing hackintosh

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Its 100% safe to do so, No harm or loss of info will come of it. I always recommend clearing your nvram after making any sort of changes to the system or EFI.
Try to Make it a habit. 👍

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I can't really tell but are you using Chrome? If so, try disabling hardware acceleration in the settings. I had random freezes before I disabled that. However, in my case that only led to freezes within Chrome, not in the OS itself, so your mileage may vary... Still a simple thing to try. (Alternatively, check if you can set your PCIe version from Auto/4 to 3 and see if it makes any difference).

AlwiM26

AMD OS X Member
I can't really tell but are you using Chrome? If so, try disabling hardware acceleration in the settings. I had random freezes before I disabled that. However, in my case that only led to freezes within Chrome, not in the OS itself, so your mileage may vary... Still a simple thing to try. (Alternatively, check if you can set your PCIe version from Auto/4 to 3 and see if it makes any difference).
I'm also use Android studio and iTerm on the background, so I think its the OS that freezes, but i'll try your advice, Thank you very much

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.