(HELP!!!) Issues With Booting Into Big Sur

chrisintehdark

AMD OS X Member
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU: RX580

Motherboard: X470

EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CuEOMdVt6bXp2EM2UjvGokOrS3e_Bsw5/view?usp=sharing

Hello all, just a quick disclaimer, I am a total Hackintosh noob working on his very first Hac. I experienced this error upon attempting to boot from my USB, and have tried almost everything to fix it, including the Dotrina fixes. I have also tried going to Booter-> Quirks and disabling rebuildapplememorymap and enabling Setupvirtualmap. Here's the error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-e6jmaEiYl4F61P6KuZpYTWf0vLk7cT/view?usp=sharing

Thank you all for your help!!!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You've only edited the kernel patch for 10.13 and 10.14. You'll need to edit the next patch for Big Sur. "algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package 10.15,11.0"

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
SSDT-CPUR is only to be used with B550 and A520 motherboards. You need to remove this SSDT if you are using an X470 board.

Which AMD X470 board are you using?

Your config.plist, the one with the edited patches to reflect your CPU cores, is not inline with the Dortania OC Guide for a Ryzen system.

Booter > Quirks > EnableWriteUnprotector is set as True, it should be set as False
Booter
> Quirks > RebuildAppleMemoryMap is set as False, it should be set as True
Booter
> Quirks > SetupVirtualMap is set as True, it should be set as False
Booter > Quirks > SyncRuntimePermissions is set as False, it should be set as True

Emulate
> DummyPowerManagement is set as False, it should be set as True

Generic Section
- I hope you are not using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS. You need to use a SMBIOS for a system that doesn't contain or use an IGPU.
iMacPro1,1 MacPro6,1 or 7,1 are the normal SMBIOS's used with an AMD system.

UEFI > APFS > MinDate s set as -1, it should be set as 0
UEFI
> APFS > MinVersion is set as -1, it should be set as 0

Make these changes and see what difference they make for your system.

chrisintehdark

AMD OS X Member
SSDT-CPUR is only to be used with B550 and A520 motherboards. You need to remove this SSDT if you are using an X470 board.

Which AMD X470 board are you using?

Your config.plist, the one with the edited patches to reflect your CPU cores, is not inline with the Dortania OC Guide for a Ryzen system.

Booter > Quirks > EnableWriteUnprotector is set as True, it should be set as False
Booter
> Quirks > RebuildAppleMemoryMap is set as False, it should be set as True
Booter
> Quirks > SetupVirtualMap is set as True, it should be set as False
Booter > Quirks > SyncRuntimePermissions is set as False, it should be set as True

Emulate
> DummyPowerManagement is set as False, it should be set as True

Generic Section
- I hope you are not using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS. You need to use a SMBIOS for a system that doesn't contain or use an IGPU.
iMacPro1,1 MacPro6,1 or 7,1 are the normal SMBIOS's used with an AMD system.

UEFI > APFS > MinDate s set as -1, it should be set as 0
UEFI
> APFS > MinVersion is set as -1, it should be set as 0

Make these changes and see what difference they make for your system.

I am using an X470 AORUS Gaming 5 Wifi. How do I check what SMBIOS I am using? I made these changes and now I am getting this error instead:

Attachments

• opencore-2022-01-26-133857.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Here you go. Give this a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 9

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Shaneee beat me to the punch!

You can also try this OC 0.7.7 EFI folder, it is set for a 6-core CPU & your X470 Motherboard.

You need to add the SMBIOS data for an iMacPro1,1 to complete the config.plist setup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 14

chrisintehdark

AMD OS X Member

You can also try this OC 0.7.7 EFI folder, it is set for a 6-core CPU & your X470 Motherboard.

You need to add the SMBIOS data for an iMacPro1,1 to complete the config.plist setup.
After trying your folder with adding the SMBIOS data with GenSMBIOS, I still can't get it to work. I am still getting the same error. Is there anything else that can be wrong? Thanks for all the assistance.

chrisintehdark

AMD OS X Member

Still Nothing. Same error. Is there any other possibilities? Thanks for all the help.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

chrisintehdark

AMD OS X Member
What do you mean it doesn’t work? What happens when you use the new EFI folder?

Can you post a verbose text screen, assuming you get to the OC GUI and can attempt to in stall macOS.

Have you set your bios to run macOS?

Here is a link showing what needs to be set in your system bios - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#amd-bios-settings
Attached to this post is @Edhawk's EFI folder with SMBIOS Data.

Here's what happens when I use @Edhawk's folder after adding SMBIOS data:

I don't know what a verbose text screen is, so I'm gonna assume it's this. I'm still getting the same error when selecting the first option from the OC GUI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KoUYD1ZJixZGkditqt2LlHY8LjNeKW_d/view?usp=sharing

I have a Aorus X470 Gaming 5 Wifi motherboard, and in the BIOS I believe there is no option to select the OS type. (or I can't find it)

I couldn't figure out how to turn off:
-Serial/COM port
- Parallel port

Thanks for all the effort and help

Attachments

• Edhawk EFI Folder With SMBIOS Data.zip
    27.5 MB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No that is not a verbose text image. That is an OC log file.

The verbose text appears on your display as the system is booting, in place of the Apple icon and progress bar. As long as the Verbose boot argument is present in the config.plist. It is set by adding -v to the boot arguments.

If a system kernel panic’s and the boot process stops, the reason is usually shown within the verbose text shown on the screen.

chrisintehdark

AMD OS X Member
No that is not a verbose text image. That is an OC log file.

The verbose text appears on your display as the system is booting, in place of the Apple icon and progress bar. As long as the Verbose boot argument is present in the config.plist. It is set by adding -v to the boot arguments.

If a system kernel panic’s and the boot process stops, the reason is usually shown within the verbose text shown on the screen.

My boot-agrs looks like this, i believe it is already turned on:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes your config contains the verbose boot argument.

So when you boot the macOS installer a lot of text should be generated and shown on your display, this is the verbose text. This text shows the processes being undertaken by the OC boot loader, as configured in the OC EFI.

When the boot process fails, kernel panic‘s, the screen usually displays some text related to the cause of the kernel panic, this is what we need to see. It will hopefully tell us what went wrong and what needs to be amended in the EFI or config.plist.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.