AMD OS X Member
My system specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 3600
2x 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3200
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Sapphire RX 580 8GB
Kingston A2000 1TB
ADATA SU650

So I was looking for wireless cards and decided to go for the fenvi hb1200 on aliexpress. Later I realized that aliexpress is banned in India and there is no other way that I can order something from chinese sites. Amazon.in has a similar one but with 3x the price (not at all affordable).

I searched in the used parts website and there was a guy selling a hack compatible BT and WIFI card.
#1: Tp Link T6E + Broadcom USB BT thingy
#2: NGFF -> PCI card + DW 1560

Which one should I go for? I;m currently on catalin; will upgrade Big Sur later and I need both Windows support as well

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
My system specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 3600​
2x 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3200
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Sapphire RX 580 8GB
Kingston A2000 1TB
ADATA SU650

So I was looking for wireless cards and decided to go for the fenvi hb1200 on aliexpress. Later I realized that aliexpress is banned in India and there is no other way that I can order something from chinese sites. Amazon.in has a similar one but with 3x the price (not at all affordable).

I searched in the used parts website and there was a guy selling a hack compatible BT and WIFI card.
#1: Tp Link T6E + Broadcom USB BT thingy
#2: NGFF -> PCI card + DW 1560

Which one should I go for? I;m currently on catalin; will upgrade Big Sur later and I need both Windows support as well
I picked up a TP Link T3U USB for $25.00 US it outperforms my PCIe BRCM94360 card. I used Chris1111 Big Sur Wifi utility. My 4360 rarely gets 100mbs. If this is available for you it works great for the price.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 5.55.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-08 at 5.57.36 PM.png

The 1560 will require kexts for wifi and bluetooth.

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
I picked up a TP Link T3U USB for $25.00 US it outperforms my PCIe BRCM94360 card. I used Chris1111 Big Sur Wifi utility. My 4360 rarely gets 100mbs. If this is available for you it works great for the price.

View attachment 2257View attachment 2258

The 1560 will require kexts for wifi and bluetooth.
T3U looks promising. It costs ~$16 here in India. But that's only for WiFi.
DW 1560 has both, right? BTW there are a lot of issues surrounding DW 1560 and Big Sur. So I'm skeptikal which one to buy :confused:

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator

grad1e

AMD OS X Member

Hecatomb

AMD OS X Member

elixir

AMD OS X Member
bump:
bcm94360ng apple broadcom bluetooth drivers not working on windows 10/11 (22000.120)
problem (windows): device not connected
workaround: install ANYCOM USB-200/250 Bluetooth Adapter driver (solved)

BT.png

z-plane

AMD OS X Member
I'am not an expert, but I had the TP Link T6E for years with Mojave, it wouldn't work natively. The kernel extension needed some hacking to work with Mojave/Clover, it worked fine after that. Apple changed or removed the plugin from some kernel extension. After Mojave, not sure if same hack was needed. I decide to find more native solution before upgrading system and OS.

Recently bought an Archer TP Link T9E because this has a native BCM4360 chip, and this worked perfectly out of the box with Monterey dev b4, no kernel extension in the OC extensions folder, though it is listed as 3rd Party PCIe card, not Apple Native.This T9E card as been discontinued, however one was found second hand on Gumtree for $20.

Bluetooth, is using the IOGear GBU521 with the BCM 20702A1 Chip. This needs a kernel extension 'BlueToolFixup.kext' in the OC/Extensions folder... Supposedly this isn't needed up to Big Sur, but in Monterey Apple changed again something with BT and so this solution is what we have for now, maybe it's not permanent due to beta phase, we'll have to wait and see how things develop.

AirDrop works, pairing BT JBL Speaker, no issues, but this thing called Continuity, IDK how to determine precisely if it works because info in System info/BT is significantly reduced, there's no mention of any BT features...Only guess is that Preview.app supposed to use Continuity using iPhone/iPad devices as method to create a Signature. In my Preview.app, select, Annotation, Signature, shows only TrackPad to create a signature, however, Devices to be selected such as iPad and iPhone are supposed to be shown here if Continuity is working.....so I take it Continuity is not working on my Monterey b4 with this IOGear GBU521.

z-plane

AMD OS X Member
There's also this Laird BT851-ND USB BT v5.0 dongle, firmware is built in so not need loading firmware like all these Broadcom/Intel solutions. Not sure how its working on Monterey...if someone has spare $15 and wanna experiment in the name of science, that'd be interesting. It's easily available in local countries Digikey or Mouser, RS-Components etc

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.