SVThuh

AMD OS X Member
Hello all, looong time Mac owner here. Its been a long time since Ive owned a PC laptop, but here I am with a brand new Zephyrus G14 with an AMD 4900 processor and Nvidia RTX2060.

My life is so embedded into OSX (FCPx especially) that Im a little worried I made a mistake not buying another MBP.. Has anyone had luck getting OSX to run on one of these G14's yet?

Looking forward to the journey of using extra premium hardware with the ability to side boot mac osx if its possible.

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Welcome!

It is my understanding that AMD laptops are trickier than desktops (though I have not attempted it myself). What I am pretty sure about is that GPU is going to be a big hurdle as I do not believe it has any Mac OS X support (and likely never will). Others here may be able to provide more detail, but if you check in the guides about supported hardware it should tell you for sure.

pm

PS. First Mac was an SE. ;)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome. As already stated the GPU won't work in any version of macOS I'm afraid.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.