Hello There! I'm a Newbie and I'm Seeking for Help!

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Hello There! I am Geenopippo and I am new to AMD Hackintosh! I managed on my own to install Mac OS High Sierra on my PC Built with AMD Ryzen 3950x, 1080ti on a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570 Motherboard! Even with GPU Drivers, which i'm kinda excited! Now I'll miss Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB Mapping.

Since I'm a Newbie into the hackintosh world, can someone help me setup those last things? I'll use this beast to render my video works!

I used Dortania's Guide to to everything. Thanks!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Geenopippo My EFI is Taylor made and ready for you to use with your motherboard, you just need to make the changes to add the Intel WiFi and older kext for the ethernet to work with high sierra.

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
@Geenopippo My EFI is Taylor made and ready for you to use with your motherboard, you just need to make the changes to add the Intel WiFi and older kext for the ethernet to work with high sierra.
@AudioGod I tried to modify your efi! Wanna take a look? I'm kinda a newbie and i don't know if i am doing right!

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 EFI v1.7z
    16.3 MB · Views: 0

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I tried to modify your efi! Wanna take a look? I'm kinda a newbie and i don't know if i am doing right!
Sure give me a moment and il prepare a EFI for you to drop in and use.

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod Cool! Thank You! Just to to things right: I have another NVME with Windows installed. I should Just Swap the OC Folder into The EFI Partition of the Mac OS Disk? Deleting mine, adding yours?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Cool! Thank You! Just to to things right: I have another NVME with Windows installed. I should Just Swap the OC Folder into The EFI Partition of the Mac OS Disk? Deleting mine, adding yours?
Yeah exactly that bud.
Ive generated details for you so its just a plug and play thing.

@Shaneee He's using a 1080ti with high Sierra, Do I need to add a boot argument for the GPU? Im sure I do but I just can not remember.
nvda_drv_vrl=1?

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@Shaneee He's using a 1080ti with high Sierra, Do I need to add a boot argument for the GPU? Im sure I do but I just can not remember.

Will possibly require nv_disable=1 to start with so that the Web Drivers can be installed. Without the arg it may not boot. Once the Web Drivers are installed nvda-drv-vrl=1 is required to enable them.

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Will possibly require nv_disable=1 to start with so that the Web Drivers can be installed. Without the arg it may not boot. Once the Web Drivers are installed nvda-drv-vrl=1 is required to enable them.
The OS is Already Installed and Drivers for GPU are up and running ATM!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The OS is Already Installed and Drivers for GPU are up and running ATM!
Silly question but When you say the Os is already installed are you referring to High Sierra or Windows?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok here you go buddy,
I have to send it in 2 parts as the bluetooth its to big to send as one folder.

Heres the EFI missing 2 kexts that will send separately right now and just add them to the kext folder.

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 066 EFI 10.13.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 2

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Add these to the kext folder

Attachments

• IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IntelBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 2

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I just have to add them to the folder? Not to the config plist?
Yes exactly that I’ve done all the work for you.

one more thing. Go into the bios and make sure the following bios settings are set.
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Geenopippo

AMD OS X Member
Yes exactly that I’ve done all the work for you.

one more thing. Go into the bios and make sure the following bios settings are set.
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
Ok, i'll check on them! How about NvRam Reset? Should i to as you said in your original post?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok, i'll check on them! How about NvRam Reset? Should i to as you said in your original post?
Always reset the nvram between EFI updates or changes. Make it a habit

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.