Hello! I have a question about installing macos on a laptop with amd

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
My laptop is powered by amd ryzen 7 5800h processor
And on two video cards. Vega 8 / rtx 3060
Do I have a chance. That I at least somehow manage the system. No matter. Will it be slow, unstable, etc?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hello. Unfortuantly neither of those GPUs will work on macOS.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
My laptop is powered by amd ryzen 7 5800h processor
And on two video cards. Vega 8 / rtx 3060
Do I have a chance. That I at least somehow manage the system. No matter. Will it be slow, unstable, etc?
I have a Athlon 3000G system that works on the 7mb VESA drivers (default). I can watch YouTube and browse but nothing intense or demanding from the graphics. It is working and usable but not for professional use, no gaming, video editing etc...
You can most likely get it working on the Vega8 at (7mb not 2gb) but don't expect miracles or a fast system.

lev12354

AMD OS X Member
I have a Athlon 3000G system that works on the 7mb VESA drivers (default). I can watch YouTube and browse but nothing intense or demanding from the graphics. It is working and usable but not for professional use, no gaming, video editing etc...
You can most likely get it working on the Vega8 at (7mb not 2gb) but don't expect miracles or a fast system.
I will be very grateful to you if you drop the instructions for configuring the bootloader or the EFI folder

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.