Hello from a Ryzen laptop user

Allen623329

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I'm a high school student in Taiwan, using a laptop with a R9 4900H & 1660Ti. For years, I've been dreaming of getting a powerful computer that can run Windows, Linux or MacOS natively at will. However, I have not yet realized that dream due to the difficulty of making a Hacintosh, time, and the fact that I only have 2 M.2 SSD slots (Windows & Linux each occupy one (Intel 660p & Samsung 980, 1TB each)).Also, I am hoping to learn much in this forum.
(PS: Any advice on how to assign and prepare the disk to use? Thanks.)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and Welcome. Unfortunately AMD Laptops aren't supported in macOS. Neither your integrated GPU or dedicated 1660Ti are supported.

Allen623329

AMD OS X Member
Oh darn....... Is there no possible way to get it supported? I mean, my iGPU is still Vega 8 (GCN 5.0), which is architecturally the same as Vega 56 & Vega 64, which some Macs have......

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
With the small difference that the iGPU is directly connected to the CPU and does not have it's own VRAM.

Allen623329

AMD OS X Member
Oh, alright then......
But then, the iGPUs on Intel Macs work, so if we get the right information and support, we Might just be able to make a few adjustments to make the iGPU work? Or is my only option software rendering? (Or is even that not feasible......?) I don't care about my 1660Ti working on Mac OS much, ditched that idea long ago. (Though, so to speak, it would be a nice-to-have.)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.