Hello everyone!

Fireface 800

AMD OS X Member
So I am a musician and have had some limited luck hackintoshing since 2008, from the times of Leo4all and Chamelleon. My last build was a Dell e6420 laptop following a simple guide at another community of nice folks (OSX Latitude).

Saw that the some Ryzen CPUs can beat the current M1 for the time being so thought to put together a serious build and started my research for Ryzen Hackintoshes, bumped into this forum and signed up after reading a success story from Audiogod who I noticeds is a musician and noticed there are other musicians in here on top of that so I had to sign up!

My goal is to build something fast (cheap within reason or as affordable as possible) and as quiet and fanless as it could possibly be.

My schedule leaves very little time off per week but I'm sure I'll be here often troubleshooting this thing.

Regards!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
So I am a musician and have had some limited luck hackintoshing since 2008, from the times of Leo4all and Chamelleon. My last build was a Dell e6420 laptop following a simple guide at another community of nice folks (OSX Latitude).

Saw that the some Ryzen CPUs can beat the current M1 for the time being so thought to put together a serious build and started my research for Ryzen Hackintoshes, bumped into this forum and signed up after reading a success story from Audiogod who I noticeds is a musician and noticed there are other musicians in here on top of that so I had to sign up!

My goal is to build something fast (cheap within reason or as affordable as possible) and as quiet and fanless as it could possibly be.

My schedule leaves very little time off per week but I'm sure I'll be here often troubleshooting this thing.

Regards!
Hi buddy,
Before you dive in and get a amd build what is your work flow when it comes to writing music?
list me your Daw of preference and plug-ins you use regularly?
I only ask because not everything will work on a AMD setup plugins wise. Certain DAWs are also troublesome So it’s best to know where you are heading before you head there if you know what I mean?
Post a list and myself and others will run our eyes across it and let you know whats good and whats not if anything. :)

lesnico

AMD OS X Member
Hey, welcome to the forum!
I don't know what programs you're using but I can tell you that everything has been working like a charm for me with Ableton Live 11 Suite. I'm using plugins too, mainly the arturia collection and some other instruments (EZDrummer2, EZKeys, Native instruments fm8, kontakt...) and some effects too (Valhalla collection, fabfilter collection etc...).

One of the only issue I have encountered so far is that I can't use CamelCrusher (32bits plugin which is not supported since Catalina). There's a 64bits version but without any ui sadly.

joeysaran

AMD OS X Member
install kontakt 5 will unfinished , just ignore it. and update to 5.6.0. for. add library ( some library not showing but it will show in kontakt 6 ) and patch (if pirate)
and intall kontakt 6.7.0 , work fine on my machine. : r7 3700x Os Mojave

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.