Having a NIGHTMARE with USB mapping.

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
Ok ....... I've read all the things I can find on USB Mapping. I've been unable to get my USB stuff to be "stable".

I have a 27" cinema display and a few other devices ..... any time I add or remove an USB device, completely unexpected results can and do occur.

Sometimes after reboot the iSight camera works but as soon as I connect a USB headset or almost anything lese USB related the camera will stop and sometimes other devices are disconnected .......

I had to use SMBIOS for Mac Pro 7,1 as I'm on Catalina using an older Radeon card (8760 2GB).

I've seen some discussion on using the "hackintool" but I have not seen a good "how to" on using that.

Any suggestions from folks?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In (very) short: install Hackintool, switch to the usb tab. Disconnect all usb devices from your machine (keyboard/mouse probably needed). Have a device handy that you can recognise, say a brandname usb stick (Cruzer). Watch the usb tab in Hackintool while you plug the device into different ports. The name will show up.

Keep track of what port is which (usb 3 counts twice towards the 15 port limit!) Set the correct speed for the ports. You can add a comment in Hackintool or use paper to help you remember.

Remove any ports in the Hackintool listing that never showed your device while you had it plugged in. Hopefully you will stick below/on 15 ports. Then hit export icon bottom right. Hackintool will write some files to the desktop, but you will only need the 'USBports.kext'.

Put it into the Kexts folder and make sure to reference it in the config.plist and reboot.

In theory your ports should now work and be mapped right. I did the mapping and sleep is still iffy. Ports work right, no more strange hangups or reboots on my machine. Your mileage may vary.

xock

AMD OS X Member
1. use SSDT-USB-Reset.aml to fix missing USBs(you can use SSDTTime to patch DSDT)
2. use https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap to build USBports.kext if Hackintool not works well

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
1. use SSDT-USB-Reset.aml to fix missing USBs(you can use SSDTTime to patch DSDT)
2. use https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap to build USBports.kext if Hackintool not works well
Before I got back to the forum I found this and tried it. This seems to have worked out pretty well. Thanks!

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
In (very) short: install Hackintool, switch to the usb tab. Disconnect all usb devices from your machine (keyboard/mouse probably needed). Have a device handy that you can recognise, say a brandname usb stick (Cruzer). Watch the usb tab in Hackintool while you plug the device into different ports. The name will show up.

Keep track of what port is which (usb 3 counts twice towards the 15 port limit!) Set the correct speed for the ports. You can add a comment in Hackintool or use paper to help you remember.

Remove any ports in the Hackintool listing that never showed your device while you had it plugged in. Hopefully you will stick below/on 15 ports. Then hit export icon bottom right. Hackintool will write some files to the desktop, but you will only need the 'USBports.kext'.

Put it into the Kexts folder and make sure to reference it in the config.plist and reboot.

In theory your ports should now work and be mapped right. I did the mapping and sleep is still iffy. Ports work right, no more strange hangups or reboots on my machine. Your mileage may vary.
Thanks for explaining! I appreciate you taking the time! I used the corpnewt USBMap tool, and got through that but I may go back and re-do things with Hackintool. Part of my issue that I thought was related to USB was that I didn't realize there was no mic support for the on-board soundcard. I have since hooked up a USB mic I had around and things are working pretty well. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.