Hardware Acceleration on Nvidia GT710 2GB -GDDR5?

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
Hi again all,

Just a quick question as I am getting mixed results for how or even if this is possible. But however is it possible to get Nividia Drivers for Nvidia GT710 2GB -GDDR5 on Big Sur to enable hardware acceleration.
It works fine without the correct drivers through the current graphics card but I belive this might be a cause for alot of my DRM problems as Apple Tv and any DRM sites through Safri will not play content.

I belive my Graphics card is unsupported in Big Sur but just wanted to know if there is any way around this. Cheers!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If your GT 710 is the GK208 varient then it's natively supported in macOS even in Monterey. You can check if it's GK208 in GPU-Z in Windows.

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
If your GT 710 is the GK208 varient then it's natively supported in macOS even in Monterey. You can check if it's GK208 in GPU-Z in Windows.
Hi, Currently at work will be home around 8pm so will definetly check then!. To note it has so far been working well I do however also have a spare GTX 970 MSI if that would improve the situation.

However I will let you know once I am able to check.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
AMD card are the best supported for macOS. I use a RX 480 without issues in Monterey. They are relatively inexpensive even in the current market. The link I shared shows compatible AMD GPUs too.

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
Thankfully it is the GK208 Varient however how am I able to activate hardware acceleration with it or is it possible to download Nvidia Drivers? To add I mostly want to be able to watch Apple TV with it but currently only get audio playback with a black screen.

Attachments

• 1631129600895.png
    1631129600895.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 4

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's natively supported so you don't need to do anything to enable it. I think this relates back to your other topic now regarding DRM. Which SMBios are you using?

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
It's natively supported so you don't need to do anything to enable it. I think this relates back to your other topic now regarding DRM. Which SMBios are you using?
I am on SMBios MacPro7,1 . Is this correct for my current setup? Take in mind also Big Sur. And another question do I still require WhateverGreen for my GPU or should I remove that as it is already supported?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I am on SMBios MacPro7,1 . Is this correct for my current setup? Take in mind also Big Sur. And another question do I still require WhateverGreen for my GPU or should I remove that as it is already supported?
7,1 is good, WhateverGreen is not needed with any card that’s supported natively but there’s down sides to not using it like the HDMI or the DP output won’t all always work without the kext. On the flip side WEG is also the number one culprit of breaking DRM. Try without the kext and with the kext and whatever works best for you is what to go with.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you add unfairvga as a boot arg? That didn't work for me. But it did work when added as a device property. Have you tried that?

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
7,1 is good, WhateverGreen is not needed with any card that’s supported natively but there’s down sides to not using it like the HDMI or the DP output won’t all always work without the kext. On the flip side WEG is also the number one culprit of breaking DRM. Try without the kext and with the kext and whatever works best for you is what to go with.
Hi I will try this by making a copy of my EFI with and without my WhateverGreen Kekt to make sure. I will let you know the results around 8pm UK time, as now back at the office!

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
Did you add unfairvga as a boot arg? That didn't work for me. But it did work when added as a device property. Have you tried that?
Hi I have tried this both in thw device properties and boot-args and strangely does not change a thing. I will try this again this evening and share results and pictures.

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
Hi I will try this by making a copy of my EFI with and without my WhateverGreen Kekt to make sure. I will let you know the results around 8pm UK time, as now back at the office!
@AudioGod After removing WhateverGreen I have no benifit nore disadvantage. I still am met with a black screen for Apple TV however audio plays. Hackintool talk about a VDA Decoder that fails is this linked to the DRM. Overall removing WhateverGreen does not change the DRM issues.

Attachments

• 20210909_223137.jpg
    10.8 MB · Views: 5

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod After removing WhateverGreen I have no benifit nore disadvantage. I still am met with a black screen for Apple TV however audio plays. Hackintool talk about a VDA Decoder that fails is this linked to the DRM. Overall removing WhateverGreen does not change the DRM issues.
@Shaneee Any idea of what else I could do to resolve this?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Shaneee Any idea of what else I could do to resolve this?
I’m not to clued up when it comes to NVidia and DRM problems. I would of thought as the card was native it would just work right with WEG disabled just like it does with most AMD GPUs.

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
I’m not to clued up when it comes to NVidia and DRM problems. I would of thought as the card was native it would just work right with WEG disabled just like it does with most AMD GPUs.
That's fine pal, I'll do some reading up on how to get it to work very strange, as you say should just work without WhateverGreen.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You could try adding the boot arg shikigva=80

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.