Hackintosh or real mac?

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, i was looking for a new B550 to run monterey with it... and i found the ASRock B550 PB Riptide. It seems a complete motherboard. Do you think Monterey is compatible with it?

ghost82

AMD OS X Member
I'll check the QEMU / KVM! It seems really interesting
I'm a qemu/kvm user running mac os from High Sierra release (knowing mac os since 2008 with macbook pro with leopard), and I can confirm that performance is quite good with most of the hardware passed through (sata and usb controllers, amd gpu, cpu (intel)).
I started with Unraid and I didn't know what passthrough was, then switched to manjaro, without any desktop environment, just to run vms with hardware passthrough (currently running mac os monterey 12.1, windows 11 and kali linux vms).
The main adavantage of using a vm, is that, unless you passthrough "special hardware" that requires custom configurations, since the chipset is emulated all of us (using kvm/qemu) have the same configuration, so less headache to make mac os running. Are you a newbie and you know near nothing about opencore? join a mac os vm forum and you will be able to run a basic mac os vm in few hours.
With the ovmf bios, each virtual machine has its nvram and its settings, so no issue for dual/triple/.. booting.
For amd cpu the advantage is that you can emulate an intel cpu, so no need for amd cpu patches --> by the way they are now much much much less then 1 year ago!

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi, i saw the new 0.7.7 opencore release. I first updated all my kext... and everything works... then i tried to update opencore from 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 but it seems i failed somewhere 😩 Do you think is really important to update opencore? (Of course i'w prefer to keep everything up to date :LOL:)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.