Greetings from New York State, USA!

ninzombie

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone!

Ok, I love Apple products, and unfortunately for the price point of their laptops, I simply am unable to justify buying Apple hardware. Yes, I have the latest iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch 5, but for $2000+ for a laptop???

So I have been watching videos on Youtube from Snazzy Labs and other 'hackintosh' builders, and I thought well if they can do it....so I started with Vanilla and....

Wrong!

They make it look really easy - getting the software, creating the boot USB drive using OpenCore, all simple. THEN comes the customization with kernels, kexts, tinkering with the bootloader, all stuff that is so far out of my league.

I would like to ask the forums if I posted my system specs, can you can tell me if it is even possible with my laptop?

I would like to know if it is even worth my time to try on this system...

Thank You In Advance For Any Help You Can Provide!
****************************************************************************************************************************************************
System Info:

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx
16 GB DDR4 RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3500U (Picasso)
AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Realtek PCIe GbE Network Controller
Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter
Realtek Audio
ELAN Clickpad

Last edited:

ninzombie

AMD OS X Member
Shame...welp....maybe someday...guess not right now. Thank you wild_eep!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.