Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and get support for running macOS on your AMD based computer..

SignUp Now!

GPU Performance Improved

Shaneee

Administrator
Staff member
The AMD Guy
Website
amd-osx.com
CPU:
Ryzen 5 5600X
Strange. My RX560 memory downclocks to 300Mhz but the core will only go down to 1.33Ghz. This doesn't affect thermals and the fans don't spin as you've described though. I'd assume you're using Whatevergreen? Have you tried using AGPMInjector.kext? You'll need to use the SSDT-PLUG.aml file so it'll attach to the X86PlatformPlugin though.

rajovo

Strange. My RX560 memory downclocks to 300Mhz but the core will only go down to 1.33Ghz. This doesn't affect thermals and the fans don't spin as you've described though. I'd assume you're using Whatevergreen? Have you tried using AGPMInjector.kext? You'll need to use the SSDT-PLUG.aml file so it'll attach to the X86PlatformPlugin though.
AFAIK 1.3 is the maximum GPU speed of the RX560, so your GPU doesn't downclock at all. The exact opposite of my issue :) I didn't try AGPIMnjector as I'm switching to Intel in a few days (mainly for 100% Adobe compatibility, makes me kinda sad). I'll try then, thanks!

HoshiYamazaki

This is considerably off topic, but has anyone been able to play games through steam? whenever I launch CSGO it black screens and crashes. Maybe I should make this a thread
The problem is, CS:Go is probably not working on Ryzens from the moment we introduced AMD kernel patches - it was working on my Athlon 640 + rx6790 rig in ~2016, but then, I used custom built AMD kernel, also for some reason it works on Threadrippers. Similar issue persists in Crossover (Wine 32on64 bit wrapper) but not sure if that's releated at all.

I tried to fix it with various workarounds from github and was not able, so...
Thread on GH: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-linux/issues/2539

Probably these two issues should be fixed since CS:Go is major first-person shooter game and CrossOver gives you ability to run ~40-70% of Windows games.
Also since GPU problem is fixed we should utilize the additional performance in some ways ;) And because macOS gaming library without CS:Go/CrossOver is not really that big.

wongdi

Website
weibo.com
Is it possible to solve the problem of the host's power shutdown and restart caused by the Diablo III displaying the role selection list?