Gigabyte x570 AQRUS Xtreme Attempt(10.13 High Sierra) OpenCore 6.9 - Stuck

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Don't worry buddy I have not given up yet. Just had to pause for the cause...lol
Let me have a think about it and also see if I have a Xtreme Board knocking around in the office and if I do I will chuck it on the test bench when I next get a chance to and see if I can figure out the usb for you.
All good buddy. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@CoolBean Hey Buddy,
Ok so I might have found a solution for you with your USB.
Disable SSDT-XHC and still have the USBMap.kext disabled too Then add the SSDT attached to this post to your ACPI folder and add it to your config.plist, save and restart (with a nvram clear upon restart) and tell me if all your ports are active now?
If this works then totally remove SSDT-XHC from the folder and config and remove the USBMap.kext or even better create a new one but we will cross that bridge when we get to it,

Fingers Crossed.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
@CoolBean Hey Buddy,
Ok so I might have found a solution for you with your USB.
Disable SSDT-XHC and still have the USBMap.kext disabled too Then add the SSDT attached to this post to your ACPI folder and add it to your config.plist, save and restart (with a nvram clear upon restart) and tell me if all your ports are active now?
If this works then totally remove SSDT-XHC from the folder and config and remove the USBMap.kext or even better create a new one but we will cross that bridge when we get to it,

Fingers Crossed.
Does not add any of the USB ports that did not work before
However all the other USB ports that were working still work and boot time was as fast as it normally is.
Bluetooth still needs to be unpaired and repaired to work but that comes with the nvram reset I believe so no change there.

Snapshot of config.plist changes for reference below:

SSDT-XHC_and_USBMap_Disabled_SSDT-USB-Reset_add.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Dam it, The same problem with the Hero and Formula is fixed using that kext. I’ve looked though the bios and can’t find anything out of the blue in there either. This is a good old hackintosh do my head in trying to work it out problem but I will work it out for you before it drives me mad… 😂😂
Back to the drawing board! 🤣

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Dam it, The same problem with the Hero and Formula is fixed using that kext. I’ve looked though the bios and can’t find anything out of the blue in there either. This is a good old hackintosh do my head in trying to work it out problem but I will work it out for you before it drives me mad… 😂😂
Back to the drawing board! 🤣
I am noob to the usb port mapping game, but if u have a link or two you think can help a noob get up to speed send them.
I get the feeling this one could end up being a tricky one to crack.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I am noob to the usb port mapping game, but if u have a link or two you think can help a noob get up to speed send them.
I get the feeling this one could end up being a tricky one to crack.
Have you tried USBToolbox? > https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool
It's a newly released Windows/Mac/Linux based USB port mapping tool. Reddit here > https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/n2udl3/usbtoolboxᵇᵉᵗᵃ_making_usb_mapping_simpler/

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Have you tried USBToolbox? > https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool
It's a newly released Windows/Mac/Linux based USB port mapping tool. Reddit here > https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/n2udl3/usbtoolboxᵇᵉᵗᵃ_making_usb_mapping_simpler/
That’s the second time today that script has come up and it’s now got me fascinated by it.
I shall play with it on a troublesome board and see what it’s like. 👍
@CoolBean That’s definitely worth giving it a shot buddy.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
That’s the second time today that script has come up and it’s now got me fascinated by it.
I shall play with it on a troublesome board and see what it’s like. 👍
@CoolBean That’s definitely worth giving it a shot buddy.
This did not work to get the ports that were not working but when I used it in windows it showed me the ports that do not work on front and back are in the USB 2.0 and 2.1 hubs highlighted in yellow below:

#######################################################
# Port Discovery #

XHC0 | USB 3.0 (XHCI) | 6 ports
PRT1 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
PRT2 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
PRT3 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
- 4-Port USB 2.1 Hub - operating at USB 2.0
PRT4 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
PRT5 | USB 2.0 | Type C - without switch (guessed)
PRT6 | USB 2.0 | Type C - without switch (guessed)
- ITE Device(8595) - operating at USB 1.1
XHC0 | USB 3.0 (XHCI) | 4 ports
PRT1 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
PRT2 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- USB 10/100/1G/2.5G LAN - operating at USB 2.0
PRT3 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
PRT4 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- Disk 2.0 - operating at USB 2.0
XHC1 | USB 3.0 (XHCI) | 5 ports
HS02 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- Wireless Receiver - operating at USB 1.1
HS03 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
HS04 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- IOUSBHostDevice - operating at USB 1.1
HS05 | USB 2.0 | Type C - with switch (guessed)
- USB2.0 Hub - operating at USB 2.0
HS06 | USB 2.0 | Type C - with switch (guessed)

These Hubs are seen by Mac OSX, it just does not recognize anything connected to them as connected.
Mac OSX System Report for USB pic below:
System Report USB.png

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
This did not work to get the ports that were not working but when I used it in windows it showed me the ports that do not work on front and back are in the USB 2.0 and 2.1 hubs highlighted in yellow below:

# Port Discovery #

XHC0 | USB 3.0 (XHCI) | 6 ports
PRT1 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
PRT2 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
PRT3 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
- 4-Port USB 2.1 Hub - operating at USB 2.0
PRT4 | USB 2.0 | Type A (guessed)
PRT5 | USB 2.0 | Type C - without switch (guessed)
PRT6 | USB 2.0 | Type C - without switch (guessed)
- ITE Device(8595) - operating at USB 1.1
XHC0 | USB 3.0 (XHCI) | 4 ports
PRT1 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
PRT2 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- USB 10/100/1G/2.5G LAN - operating at USB 2.0
PRT3 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
PRT4 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- Disk 2.0 - operating at USB 2.0
XHC1 | USB 3.0 (XHCI) | 5 ports
HS02 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
- Wireless Receiver - operating at USB 1.1
HS03 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
HS04 | USB 2.0 | USB 3 Type A (guessed)
HS05 | USB 2.0 | Type C - with switch (guessed)
HS06 | USB 2.0 | Type C - with switch (guessed)

These Hubs are seen by Mac OSX, it just does not recognize anything connected to them as connected.
Mac OSX System Report for USB pic below:
View attachment 3146
Have you reached your 15 port limit? It seems you have. That’s why it’s not showing up. Because it includes USB 2.0 speed ports found on your USB 3.0 slots as well as internal slots for USB devices such as RGB controllers, which can total up to 20+. That’s why most of us omit the USB 2.0 ports to reach this limit.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Have you reached your 15 port limit? It seems you have. That’s why it’s not showing up. Because it includes USB 2.0 speed ports found on your USB 3.0 slots as well as internal slots for USB devices such as RGB controllers, which can total up to 20+. That’s why most of us omit the USB 2.0 ports to reach this limit.
There is 3 controllers on all X570 boards. each controller can have 15 ports on it so no need to worry about port limits. That’s not the problem here and I have never ever come across a X570 board that goes over the limit including the Xtreme. (RGB controllers use 1 port..lol)
I see you use a B550 board and that has two controllers on it so I doubt you need to worry about such a thing too,
you're thinking Intel single controller style bud or reading directly from the OC Guide that doesn’t go into detail when it comes to AMD CPUs.

@CoolBean After you made the Kext in windows you need to disable SSDT-XHC all together then and add USBToolBox.kext as well as the kext you created in windows.

Last edited:

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
There is 3 controllers on all X570 boards. each controller can have 15 ports on it so no need to worry about port limits. That’s not the problem here and I have never ever come across a X570 board that goes over the limit including the Xtreme. (RGB controllers use 1 port..lol)
I see you use a B550 board and that has two controllers on it so I doubt you need to worry about such a thing too,
you're thinking Intel single controller style bud or reading directly from the OC Guide that doesn’t go into detail when it comes to AMD CPUs.

@CoolBean After you made the Kext in windows you need to disable SSDT-XHC all together then and add USBToolBox.kext as well as the kext you created in windows.
I did
--Copy of Config.plist attached and snapshot below:
Config_Plist_USBToolBox_Update.png

Attachments

• Config.plist.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 3

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Hey what Bus speed do you have in your x570 macs?
Do you know how to change it?
Mine is definitely to low, snapshot below:
Bus_Speed.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I think that is cosmetic only. If you run a benchmark is it correct?

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
If its only cosmetic then something else is set wrong since my results are less than half of what you get.
Snapshot below, ran with SMT disabled and enabled:
Cinebench_r20_Results.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure you’re not setting the fsb in your config. It’s under PlatformInfo in the config.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have never seen that happen before. If it’s not what Shaneee suggests then I Really don’t know. Is windows at full speed cpu wise?

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you’re not setting the fsb in your config. It’s under PlatformInfo in the config.
Nothing i see that looks like it would
--snapshot below:
PlatformInfo.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Share the output of sysctl -a | grep freq. For reference my 5600X shows hw.busfrequency: 408000000.

Strange thing is macOS doesn't report the Bus Freq there on my machine. Try updating to the latest version of 10.13 also.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’m confused to what’s going on there.
Are you or have you been using the AMD Power Gadget maybe and have it set to boost low by mistake?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.