Gigabyte x570 AQRUS Xtreme Attempt(10.13 High Sierra) OpenCore 6.9 - Stuck

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Bluetooth might be working without the kext but it won’t be working correctly. Try turning it off or paring something to it.

you should use IntelBluetoothFirmware to correct all that.

And for WiFi don’t use the heliport app but instead use just this kext on its own instead.

3 kexts total, 2 for Bluetooth and 1 for WiFi
I have Airportitlwm_v1.3.0_stable installed already, the only one I did not install was the IntelBluetoothFirmware.
-- I did not install the bluetooth because I am using bluetooth for my audio I paired it with my sound system it connects every time i boot up.
-- I did not want to break bluetooth with drivers thinking it may conflict with however you got it working now. I use it for sound. Should I install anyway even if Bluetooth working?
AirportItlwm_kext.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have Airportitlwm_v1.3.0_stable installed already, the only one I did not install was the IntelBluetoothFirmware.
-- I did not install the bluetooth because I am using bluetooth for my audio I paired it with my sound system it connects every time i boot up.
-- I did not want to break bluetooth with drivers thinking it may conflict with however you got it working now. I use it for sound. Should I install anyway even if Bluetooth working?
View attachment 3129
If your using Airportitlwm_v1.3.0_stable already then you shouldn’t need the heliport app, that is made to work with itlwn.kext Where as Airportitlwm is made to work with macOS with nothing else needed.
As for Bluetooth I would use it yes, Try it with and see. It won’t break anything.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
@CoolBean Could you replace SSDT-XHC with this more generic one please and clear your NVRam between reboots and then give me the IO REG again?
I can see some ports are not mapping out correctly and im just trying to work out why for you :)
IOReg explorer dump with generic SSDT-XHC attached

Attachments

• Mac_Pro_x570_xtreme_generic_SSDT-XHC.ioreg.zip
    713.1 KB · Views: 1

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
If your using Airportitlwm_v1.3.0_stable already then you shouldn’t need the heliport app, that is made to work with itlwn.kext Where as Airportitlwm is made to work with macOS with nothing else needed.
As for Bluetooth I would use it yes, Try it with and see. It won’t break anything.
Bluetooth still working after firmware and injector add.

I have to use HeliPort because I have no way of connecting to Wifi networks without it, the Airportitiwm_v1.3.0 kext just adds the second ethernet 2 connection in Network SystemPreference pane, it is not shown as WiFI or provide any option to connect to a wifi network.
Network_System_pane.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OK well the new SSDT is reporting the same ports... hmmmm
Use the original SSDT-XHC in that case but before you do could you do me one last IORegistry pull but this time with SSDT-XHC disabled too. (as well as the USBMap.kext being disabled)
I want to see the raw XHC Log as I'm wondering if there's a 4th controller hiding away.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
OK well the new SSDT is reporting the same ports... hmmmm
Use the original SSDT-XHC in that case but before you do could you do me one last IORegistry pull but this time with SSDT-XHC disabled too. (as well as the USBMap.kext being disabled)
I want to see the raw XHC Log as I'm wondering if there's a 4th controller hiding away.
Took a lot longer to boot in, thought for a minute it would not make it. :)
Attached IOReg Explorer dump
Snapshot of disabled SSDT-XHC and USBMap in Config.plist below
SSDT-XHC_and_USBMap_Kexts_Disabled.png

Attachments

• Mac_Pro_x570_xtreme_Disabled-SSDT-XHC_USBMap.ioreg.zip
    686.2 KB · Views: 1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Took a lot longer to boot in, thought for a minute it would not make it. :)
Attached IOReg Explorer dump
Snapshot of disabled SSDT-XHC and USBMap in Config.plist below
View attachment 3132
Thats all very strange.
It shows 3 controllers like it should but seems to utilise 6 ports from two of the controllers and 4 from the third. Even with SSDT-XHC remapping all the ports it still only uses the above.
The Original SSDT-XHC is correct but I still don't understand why its not seeing the USB2 Hub on the rear IO.
Do you have XhciPortLimit set to Yes or something? If you do then set it to No. Im baffled lol

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@CoolBean Try this SSDT instead of the original one. Does this bring the Hub to life???

Attachments

• SSDT-XHC.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 1

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Thats all very strange.
It shows 3 controllers like it should but seems to utilise 6 ports from two of the controllers and 4 from the third. Even with SSDT-XHC remapping all the ports it still only uses the above.
The Original SSDT-XHC is correct but I still don't understand why its not seeing the USB2 Hub on the rear IO.
Do you have XhciPortLimit set to Yes or something? If you do then set it to No. Im baffled lol
Were is XhciPortLimit set? in OSX, OpenCore or the BIOS?
Things got wacky on restart, bluetooth was acting up and saying it was connected then disconnect before I even hear any connection beep.
--I tried to removing device and reconnect it by linking them again and it would no longer complete connect.
--I turned off bluetooth and turned it back on and it took out the USB ports and I could no longer use mouse or keyboard.
--I shut it down waited some time before restart.
--Seems to be working again, but on that first boot bluetooth connect disconnect and reconnected before working.
--Now seems to connect like it use to just before I log in and long in screen.

Seems to be back working now but had some weird side effects, I had an old visulizer on iTunes (LED Spectrum Analyser.bundle) that was working fine on every boot but now iTunes won't load it, its not even an option in the list of visualizers. No Idea how to get that back. May have to do fresh copy from my old machine. OpenCore all on USB drive so hopefully not to much to reinstall all the thinks I have installed since working on this.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Were is XhciPortLimit set? in OSX, OpenCore or the BIOS?
Things got wacky on restart, bluetooth was acting up and saying it was connected then disconnect before I even hear any connection beep.
--I tried to removing device and reconnect it by linking them again and it would no longer complete connect.
--I turned off bluetooth and turned it back on and it took out the USB ports and I could no longer use mouse or keyboard.
--I shut it down waited some time before restart.
--Seems to be working again, but on that first boot bluetooth connect disconnect and reconnected before working.
--Now seems to connect like it use to just before I log in and long in screen.

Seems to be back working now but had some weird side effects, I had an old visulizer on iTunes (LED Spectrum Analyser.bundle) that was working fine on every boot but now iTunes won't load it, its not even an option in the list of visualizers. No Idea how to get that back. May have to do fresh copy from my old machine. OpenCore all on USB drive so hopefully not to much to reinstall all the thinks I have installed since working on this.
None of what we are doing should have any effect on a app. It’s purely usb mapping. Always make sure to clear your nvram between any changes you do cos that could Spatz things out somewhat if you don’t.

Bluetooth dropping in and out between reboots or cold boots is one of the gripes of not using both the Bluetooth kexts. I personally Chuck out the Intel wireless card and replace it with a Broadcom one that works natively with nothing doing and no kexts needed.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
@CoolBean Try this SSDT instead of the original one. Does this bring the Hub to life???
No change with this new SSDT but it did not seem to break anything
--just still does not add support for front panel usb or black usb ports on the back.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yeah it’s not picking up all your USBPorts even with RHUB forcing them all on. Could be something in the bios.
Have a look in there and make sure if there are any com or serial ports that they are disabled and look though the USB settings for anything odd.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
None of what we are doing should have any effect on a app. It’s purely usb mapping. Always make sure to clear your nvram between any changes you do cos that could Spatz things out somewhat if you don’t.

Bluetooth dropping in and out between reboots or cold boots is one of the gripes of not using both the Bluetooth kexts. I personally Chuck out the Intel wireless card and replace it with a Broadcom one that works natively with nothing doing and no kexts needed.
Wow never cleared nvram on any of these changes...
Not sure how much that may have hampered the efforts here, sorry did not know that I was suppose to be doing that.
Is there any special way it should be done, I usually just use the CMOS reset button on the back?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
To clear the nvram press space when you get to the bootpicker and it will reveal the option to clear it. (I have it set to hide that and the recovery drive at the bootpicker) 👍

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Yeah it’s not picking up all your USBPorts even with RHUB forcing them all on. Could be something in the bios.
Have a look in there and make sure if there are any com or serial ports that they are disabled and look though the USB settings for anything odd.
Would the DSDT.aml I created on windows help here.
Is there something I can dump from Windows 10?
--I can boot into that if so and get a dump of the configuration in what ever method you think can get the info.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Would the DSDT.aml I created on windows help here.
Is there something I can dump from Windows 10?
--I can boot into that if so and get a dump of the configuration in what ever method you think can get the info.
No, DSDT is no good with OpenCore but the only SSDTs you need are already supplied on my EFI, You don’t need to add anything else.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
No, DSDT is no good with OpenCore but the only SSDTs you need are already supplied on my EFI, You don’t need to add anything else.
Restarted with NVRam clear
--Bluetooth did not like it. had to try connecting manually 3 times and it would show connect do the connection beep but have the 🚫 symbol when ever you try to adjust volume with.
-- Removed Esinkin BT adapter and rediscoverd it ,but same thing.
-- Removed and rediscovered again and on the third connect attempt it worked.
I think the firmware driver and injector are conflicting with the way it discovered bluetooh before we added those.
If I keeps up I probably just leave those out. Bluetooth really had now issues before that and always connect on startup.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Restarted with NVRam clear
--Bluetooth did not like it. had to try connecting manually 3 times and it would show connect do the connection beep but have the 🚫 symbol when ever you try to adjust volume with.
-- Removed Esinkin BT adapter and rediscoverd it ,but same thing.
-- Removed and rediscovered again and on the third connect attempt it worked.
I think the firmware driver and injector are conflicting with the way it discovered bluetooh before we added those.
If I keeps up I probably just leave those out. Bluetooth really had now issues before that and always connect on startup.
If it was working better without the kexts then remove them buddy. I thought you were using internal Bluetooth not a dongle so that changes it all in that case. I was working off the assumption it was a AX200 or similar. My bad.

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
If it was working better without the kexts then remove them buddy. I thought you were using internal Bluetooth not a dongle so that changes it all in that case. I was working off the assumption it was a AX200 or similar. My bad.
yes its internel bluetooth, no dongle. The one that comes with the motherboard I have rev1.1

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
Sorry if it sounded like I was giving up, quite the opposite.
I am here for what ever you want to try. I appreciate all of it!
No chance I would have got here without your help or it would have took a really long time.

I was just thinking it could possibly move into branches of options that we work on, so I probably need to start a fresh partition that would Just remain on the last best setup we where able to achieve as a branch point for future attempts if needed. I got plenty of space and can cover a few installs to work with if it makes sense to go that way. That Toshiba drive is the old OEM drive that came with the Mac Mini, its a little slow but can use for optional builds if needed, I was not even using it prior to this system build and there is still space on the SSD for another partition or two. Then can put the most complete branches on the NVMe internal Sabrent partitions, I haven't even put anything on that yet.

For the record, thank you for all the time you put to getting this working.
You had me at booting into my existing install from my old computers install of OSX I been using on the old box where i was stuck at 16GB ram.
--Already at 90-95% functional on brand new machine! exciting to me that it is even possible to get to this point let alone pushing to a 98-100%.
--I'm here for the long hall , I need to see that post from you on the latest EFI with x570 xtreme added to the fully function list. 😎

I was thinking about getting the Thunderbolt Gigabyte add on card, this motherboard has the connector for it.
So really no rush and when ever you have ideas to try I am here for it.
I'm going to continue to research and try to figure out it,
--Still in the minority with the onboard 10Gbe port and I upgraded my hub before I got this box to support 10Gb networking,
-- I will likely be the first to figure it out if i can.

So no reason to stop really before we crack that 100% :giggle:(y)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.