Gigabyte B550 Vision D receives Thunderbolt 3 certification!

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hi Hackintosh community,

the very new Gigabyte Vision D motherboard, which sports a very handy Intel Titan Ridge IC has been given official Thunderbolt 3 certification by Intel.
Here the report from Techpowerup:

I look forward to Ryzentoshes builds with this motherboard!

Cheers!

rippz

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately it only has one DP1.4 input. That means you cannot use it with the Ultrafine 5K because this needs two DP1.2 streams for 5k. However, it should work with the Apple XDR because this supports DP1.4 with dsc compressions.

Are there any AMD TB board with two DP inputs?

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
ASRock X570 ITX/TB3 has the same certification and it meant precisely nothing for macOS support, as far as I can tell.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Unfortunately it only has one DP1.4 input. That means you cannot use it with the Ultrafine 5K because this needs two DP1.2 streams for 5k. However, it should work with the Apple XDR because this supports DP1.4 with dsc compressions.

Are there any AMD TB board with two DP inputs?
The ASRock X570 Creator and Aqua have two DP INs but they also limited to one TB3 port each (probably but it doesn’t hurt to try).
I think all Gigabyte X570 & B550 boards have a TB3 5pin-header, so the AIC with dual DP in should work out for you.

Last edited:

rippz

AMD OS X Member
Just checked both AsRock boards you mentioned. The DPIN situation seems to be the same as with this board:
Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 02.23.29.png

I guess I am stuck with using my titan ridge card for now with this monitor. However, I can't find any official information about the existence of the TB header on gigabyte amd boards. Do you know any specific board that has it for sure?

agent2

Donator
Donator
Just checked both AsRock boards you mentioned. The DPIN situation seems to be the same as with this board:
View attachment 1354

I guess I am stuck with using my titan ridge card for now with this monitor. However, I can't find any official information about the existence of the TB header on gigabyte amd boards. Do you know any specific board that has it for sure?
That's what I meant when I said two DPs but one for each TB3 port.

But in case you mean something else: The Creator/Aqua have a DP IN on the rear I/O and one DP IN on the board itself.

rippz

AMD OS X Member
Okay I get what you mean now. Yeah that is not really useful for my case. I need to combine the streams. Or sell my car and get the Apple XDR :eek: Lets hope someone gets this board and can report whether thunderbolt is working with macOS.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.