Gigabyte A520m-DS3H Ryzen 7 5800x RX5600 xt

Slinky

AMD OS X Member
Just a mini update on this..

I've been using this system for the last couple of weeks, it's still on Big Sur but hasn't given me any issues 👍

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Updated to 12.3.0 and had the same graphic issues so I added this to my EFI config.plist:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 2.25.41 PM.png

This is the results:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 2.23.22 PM.png

And no more artifacts using the Dynamic desktop pictures!
Super happy now.

Hans

AMD OS X Member
Can the 5800h and 3060 6GB be installed?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you mean the will the Nvidia RTX 3060 graphics card work, then the answer is NO. None of Nvidia's RTX graphics cards are supported in macOS, not in any version of macOS.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Isn't the 5800H a laptop CPU? I know of no one who has that working in macOS.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Time to update this build.
Updated to 12.4 - removed device properties for the video card, no longer needed.
Updated OC to 0.8.2.
Updated all kexts to the latest release.

Here is the current EFI:
There are device properties that make my NVMe, ethernet, and wifi show as internal. If you do not have these then delete the device properties before trying to boot with this EFI!
Don't forget to add your own serial number, ROM, etc to the config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI OC082 A520m-DS3H.zip
    6 MB · Views: 9

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Finally got around to updating to macOS 12.5

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Updated kexts
Updated Kernel patches
Updated OC to 0.87
Updated macOS to 13.1 Ventura

Including latest EFI, works on Monterey and Ventura.

Attachments

• EFI OC 087 A520m-DS3H.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 8

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Updated kexts
Updated OC to 0.8.8
Updated macOS to 13.2

No changes to config.plist

cgla

AMD OS X Member
Gang, I am back. Now I have sleep problem with my AMD OSX machine. when I choose sleep on OSX, but the cpu never actually turn off, only screen is off. any tips to trouble shoot?
Thanks a lot as always.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Do you have a custom USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext for your system? If not create one, as USB issues are a common reason for sleep/wake issues on a Hack.

You should also look at whether the USB ports are set with the correct connector type as this is another common issue.

Your systemwide power settings are another place to check for incorrect settings

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
My lazy bones finally:

Updated KEXTs
Updated AMD Patches
Updated OC to 0.92
Updated macOS to 13.4
All seems well so far, no issues updated from software update.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 1.56.16 PM.png

cgla

AMD OS X Member
Do you have a custom USBPorts.kext, USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext for your system? If not create one, as USB issues are a common reason for sleep/wake issues on a Hack.

You should also look at whether the USB ports are set with the correct connector type as this is another common issue.

Your systemwide power settings are another place to check for incorrect settings
Thank you Edhawk.
Sorry to get this back late. It was due to an external USB HDD drive. So no issues with system.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Ok, finally got system update to work, had to disable the AMD power management kexts.
So, now on OC 0.9.8
Updated all kexts
Rocking macOS 14.3.1
For some reason my bluetooth no longer works, but the intel wireless does.

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 9.39.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 9.38.46 PM.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are you using the latest Intel Bluetooth kexts, i.e. v2.3.0 along with BlueToolFixup.kext v2.6.8?

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Yes I am, it worked on the earlier beta, but now it's not. Not sure why, but will investigate further on my next days off work. Don't really use it, just like to see it working :cool:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Sonoma beta 14.4 is causing a number of issues,

So it might be best to wait for the 14.4 release and any revised kexts that are issued before installing the latest Sonoma beta.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
I've been having a lot of issues, that's why I waited until now to install the release version. I'm sure by the time I get it all working again, the next release will break it again, lol. I think the time of me hackintoshing are coming to an end. After all, apple has gone full propriety and will not support anything new, Intel or amd. And most definitely not any new dgpu's.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
think the time of me hackintoshing are coming to an end. After all, apple has gone full propriety and will not support anything new, Intel or amd. And most definitely not any new dgpu's.
All very true.

But the end of Intel Mac's regarding future macOS releases won't be the end of Hackintosh systems. Apple will support Sonoma or whichever OS is the last to support Intel Macs for a couple of years with security updates.

They used to make the OS X Kernel available, usually with a few months delay between it being released and a newer Kernel being released. It is how AMD Hacks started running OS X, with patched kernels. My hope is they will make the Intel macOS Open Source, once they stop providing Security updates. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but stranger things have happened.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Yes! Then we can have lots of macOS distros! We could be in our own little linux type world! LOL.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.