Gaming with AMD hackintosh - World of Warcraft

Bopbi

AMD OS X Member
I have found the solution for slow fps in world of warcraft. Switched to Clover boot loader from opencore for AMD. It runs like flies as my old intel hack. Well done Clover. Opencore is great but somehow system is not very stable comparing to clover. Clover made it possible again.

redcweed

AMD OS X Member
Interesting - hearing stories about poor gpu performance and low fps on ryzentoshes has kept me from going that route... i'm on fence whether to go for a 3600x or 3600xt or just go with i5 10600k ... on my current intel hackintosh i tried both oc and clover and i get slightly better cinebench r20 scores when using clover... no idea why though since im using pretty much same drivers/kexts on both.

Bopbi

AMD OS X Member
latest clover version boot as fast or equal to ooencore. Opencore still in its beta phase so maybe thats why it is a bit buggy. For WoW i think certain area give me higher frame rate. While in city or populated area gave choppy frame rate. Mostly like due to cpu counterpart. Intel still have much better performance uaing amd vega or vega II

Jae

AMD OS X Member
Hey!
I tried to download WoW from a well known private server and it seems to run just fine, I would say that the framerate is a constant 100-130 FPS.
When there is a lots of things on the screen, of course the game slows down a bit but even with that, it's largely playable.
See my pc configuration in my signature, tell me if you want my EFI.

Screenshot of the game World Of Warcraft at the location Earth of the Archeus

Kylex89

AMD OS X Member
I'm also unable to play WoW Classic at anything about 60 fps. When I walk into a crowded city, it can go as low as 10/15 fps.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

My specs:

3900x
5700xt
ROG Strix x570-i gaming

HoshiYamazaki

AMD OS X Member
This should be fixed now:

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
I find WoW very playable on my system.

Gigabyte B450 I
Ryzen 5 2600
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz C16
WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD
XFX 7870 2GB

Now I do run at high res so I only get an average of 30fps but this is at 3440x1440 on a 35" widescreen monitor. If I drop into windowed mode at the same res it bumps up to around 40fps. And it will go higher if I drop the resolution.

I have the graphics set at 6 and view distance on 100%.

I am using a DP connection to the monitor by the way and that is running at 100 Hz.

Wow Graphics Settings.png

Unknown7

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys I'm sorry to revive this old thread but I'm currently having problems with this. I just recently installed MacOS Catalina on my PC using OpenCore 0.7.0 and I'm getting about 60 fps and lower when in Windows I get about 100-200 depending on where I am.

My system is:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX 5700
RAM: 32GB

Any ideas on what might be happening? I'm really sad as WoW is the only game I play constantly.

EDIT: Nevermind! I just installed the latest Patch available and the fps went to the roof! Yay!

Last edited:

llewllew

AMD OS X Member
Which patch is this?? I'm having precisely the same problem with precisely the same setup.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Which patch is this?? I'm having precisely the same problem with precisely the same setup.
go into the Config.plist and navigate to Kernel -> Patch, Scroll down to the very last patch in the list and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly above it . Save, Restart and done.
1627054542343.png

llewllew

AMD OS X Member
JEEZ. Like night and day. this should be stickied. It has to be one of the most played games on Mac still and this is night and day, as i said.

phazeshifta

AMD OS X Member
go into the Config.plist and navigate to Kernel -> Patch, Scroll down to the very last patch in the list and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly above it . Save, Restart and done.
View attachment 3655

Just want to confirm that this instantly upped my FPS from 65 tops to 120fps steady (my max fps settings) on my 6800xt in wow. I got really depressed when my brand new, almost top of the line GPU was working just as bad as the GTX 780 I upgraded from.

Thank you very much for this.

dabbler455

AMD OS X Member
Sorry to revive this old thread again. In addition to frame rate issues has anyone had any issues launching WOW on their Ryzentosh? Every time I try to launch WOW, Classic, or BC it immediately crashes to desktop. I'm able to run games like Diablo 3 just fine. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?

Bori

AMD OS X Member
Sorry to revive this old thread again. In addition to frame rate issues has anyone had any issues launching WOW on their Ryzentosh? Every time I try to launch WOW, Classic, or BC it immediately crashes to desktop. I'm able to run games like Diablo 3 just fine. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it?
Heyo I am quite sure the login problem was caused by an internal blizzard bug which denied all macOS users to access the game. It’s a while ago and I received a 7 day free gametime gift which I proudly can say “wasn’t redeemed yet” ….

As u mentioned that u were able to login to Diablo but not WoW…. it’s exactly the way I experienced the WoW specific bug from blizzard’s side.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.