Gaming with AMD hackintosh - World of Warcraft

Bopbi

May 11, 2020
I have found the solution for slow fps in world of warcraft. Switched to Clover boot loader from opencore for AMD. It runs like flies as my old intel hack. Well done Clover. Opencore is great but somehow system is not very stable comparing to clover. Clover made it possible again.

redcweed

May 30, 2020
Interesting - hearing stories about poor gpu performance and low fps on ryzentoshes has kept me from going that route... i'm on fence whether to go for a 3600x or 3600xt or just go with i5 10600k ... on my current intel hackintosh i tried both oc and clover and i get slightly better cinebench r20 scores when using clover... no idea why though since im using pretty much same drivers/kexts on both.

Bopbi

May 11, 2020
latest clover version boot as fast or equal to ooencore. Opencore still in its beta phase so maybe thats why it is a bit buggy. For WoW i think certain area give me higher frame rate. While in city or populated area gave choppy frame rate. Mostly like due to cpu counterpart. Intel still have much better performance uaing amd vega or vega II

Jae

Jun 28, 2020
France
jae.moe
Hey!
I tried to download WoW from a well known private server and it seems to run just fine, I would say that the framerate is a constant 100-130 FPS.
When there is a lots of things on the screen, of course the game slows down a bit but even with that, it's largely playable.
See my pc configuration in my signature, tell me if you want my EFI.

Screenshot of the game World Of Warcraft at the location Earth of the Archeus

Kylex89

May 7, 2020
I'm also unable to play WoW Classic at anything about 60 fps. When I walk into a crowded city, it can go as low as 10/15 fps.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

My specs:

3900x
5700xt
ROG Strix x570-i gaming