Gaming Performance?

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Is it any way to improve gaming performance on my rig?
My actual components:

RX 5500 XT 8GB
R5 3600X
3200 MHz RAM (corsair, dual channel)
Big Sur 11.3.1
OC: 0.6.9

Already tried:
Radeonboost.kext
RX5500 XT SSDT trick

I'm trying to play League of Legends and it's a complete mess. On windows I get locked 200 FPS, while on Big Sur I barely reach 60 FPS on medium settings. And benchmarks aren't that different.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
RadeonBoost mostly improved Geekbench performance and memory limited applications. But Apple broke the SMU Firmware with a Catalina update...

If your GPU performance is bad switch to Shaneee's Fix PAT patch. Enable the last kernel patch and disable the second to last patch (Algrey's Fix PAT).

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
RadeonBoost mostly improved Geekbench performance and memory limited applications. But Apple broke the SMU Firmware with a Catalina update...

If your GPU performance is bad switch to Shaneee's Fix PAT patch. Enable the last kernel patch and disable the second to last patch (Algrey's Fix PAT).
Oohkayyyy. This totally changed everything.
Locked 240 FPS now.

I thought it was already enabled. Cudos to you.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Saw a big difference too! Almost double score difference. See a test I tried in Unigene Heaven comparing Algrey's and Shaneee's patches.
Is there any downside to this?

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@madvinegar downside is poor quality HDMI/DP audio.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Is it any way to improve gaming performance on my rig?
My actual components:

RX 5500 XT 8GB
R5 3600X
3200 MHz RAM (corsair, dual channel)
Big Sur 11.3.1
OC: 0.6.9

Already tried:
Radeonboost.kext
RX5500 XT SSDT trick

I'm trying to play League of Legends and it's a complete mess. On windows I get locked 200 FPS, while on Big Sur I barely reach 60 FPS on medium settings. And benchmarks aren't that different.
I have the same issue as you (with 60fps) - problem is this is on a RX6800 with 5900X and I've also enabled Shanee's patch and disabled Algrey's one and they show no difference.

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.