FX & Legacy (non-UEFI) Motherboard...

Raf

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS High Sierra onto my previous Clover-based AMD Sierra build. Principal hardware consists of an AMD FX-8350 & Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 [non-UEFI] Motherboard.

I'm running into issues with the installer / bootloader... OpenCore makes it past the BIOS & there appears to be 2 different sessions of activity on the USB. Eventually, it displays the following text & just hangs.

ASSERT [OpenCore] /Users/travis/build/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/UDK/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/IoLibGcc.c(152): (Port & 3) == 0

I'm following the OpenCore Install Guide for AMD, Builldozer (15h) & Jaguar (16h). Using the latest OpenCore 0.6.1. I'm trying the DEBUG version. I believe I have followed the instructions properly; perhaps I'm overlooking some Legacy options.

My sanity check, appears to check out w/ minimal to no issues…

I'm now just grasping at anything & everything, as I'm unsure where to look next for troubleshooting...

Perhaps I'll try files from an earlier OpenCore Pkg release.

Thanks,

--Raf

SiD10

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS High Sierra onto my previous Clover-based AMD Sierra build. Principal hardware consists of an AMD FX-8350 & Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 [non-UEFI] Motherboard.

I'm running into issues with the installer / bootloader... OpenCore makes it past the BIOS & there appears to be 2 different sessions of activity on the USB. Eventually, it displays the following text & just hangs.

ASSERT [OpenCore] /Users/travis/build/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/UDK/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/IoLibGcc.c(152): (Port & 3) == 0

I'm following the OpenCore Install Guide for AMD, Builldozer (15h) & Jaguar (16h). Using the latest OpenCore 0.6.1. I'm trying the DEBUG version. I believe I have followed the instructions properly; perhaps I'm overlooking some Legacy options.

My sanity check, appears to check out w/ minimal to no issues…

I'm now just grasping at anything & everything, as I'm unsure where to look next for troubleshooting...

Perhaps I'll try files from an earlier OpenCore Pkg release.

Thanks,

--Raf
Hey @Raf,

I am stuck at the same using opencore 0.6.2. AMD FX 4100, legacy settings.

stuck on this. Not clue what to fix or change.

Did you find any solution for this?

Raf

AMD OS X Member
Hi @SiD10,

I've not yet found a solution; however, I haven't had the opportunity to revisit it. I hope to do so in the very near future & will update my post once I can make some progress.

I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that this board uses some Hybrid EFI BIOS; however, I've not yet looked into it further. Nor have I tried using other versions of OpenCore, but I think that's my next step.

Best of luck,

--Raf

liamldt

AMD OS X Member
Ive have the same problem
I have amd fx 8300
asus m5a78l m lx3 legacy only
Gt 710
Have any find a fix yet

Archduke

AMD OS X Member
Hi, can you post how did you make the USB? because I can't even make it boot, I have similar CPU (FX 8320) and Motherboard (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5), all legacy BIOS. I'm trying with the Dortania guide but it doesn't work.

liamldt

AMD OS X Member
Hi, can you post how did you make the USB? because I can't even make it boot, I have similar CPU (FX 8320) and Motherboard (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5), all legacy BIOS. I'm trying with the Dortania guide but it doesn't work.
Hi I have got it to shows atleast some sign like this ,but I can’t remember how I formatted the usb .I cant get open core to even show or my pc to regonize the usb . i have been trying everday for hours to get s hackintosh up snd running ,but I can’t figure whats wrong . Hopefully I can get a working opencore

Raf

AMD OS X Member
I created my USB Stick using the macOS instructions from the OpenCore Install Guide.
Once the installer has been copied onto the USB Stick, I'll use the OpenCore LegacyBoot Utility to modify the USB Stick to support non-UEFI.
Then, use the MountEFI command to begin editing the EFI folder.

I HAVE NOT yet tried creating the USB Stick using other OSes (Linux & Windows), so I can't speak to that process.

At this point, I'm still having the same issue...
I've updated OpenCore to 0.6.4-DEBUG w/o any change in behavior, besides the shortened ASSERT message,

Code:
ASSERT [OpenCore] IoLibGcc.c(152): (Port & 3) == 0

I think I'll move on to working on my Ryzen system & simply leave this one with Sierra.

Best of luck.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

RenanHackintosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi Friends, Im Installing now High Sierra in my Amd M5A78L With FX 8300 and Sapphire R9 290X, Im waiting, I hoe it works, Im studying for many days, and if it works I will do a video explain my process, Thanks for all yous and community Amd Os X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 13

RenanHackintosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi Friends, Im Installing now High Sierra in my Amd M5A78L With FX 8300 and Sapphire R9 290X, Im waiting, I hoe it works, Im studying for many days, and if it works I will do a video explain my process, Thanks for all yous and community Amd Os X
Im very gratefull to shanee and comunity for the amazing tool to install mac os high sierra in asus motherboard am3+, You are my last hope and thanks to you im installing now with High Sierra Amd and youtube shanee tutorial, Very thanks my friends for this help, Im very gratefull per amd osx community 🙏🏻☺️

PhilipRiz

AMD OS X Member
Interesting discussion.

What about virus, and malware ?

Is UEFI safest than old Bios legacy ?

Secure booting is intended as : " no cracked Windows operating system allowed " ?

PhilipRiz

AMD OS X Member
2D lighting simply does not work anymore in legacy airports so the question is - was this done purposely and we are switching to DL-only or is it a bug? I would appreciate your reply. :

funkyman

AMD OS X Member
Hi Bro.Can You upload you EFI folder? I have same hardware as you.thanks a lot.

RenanHackintosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi friend, Im many days trying to install High Sierra in my m4a78l with and fx 8300 and sapphire r9 280x, I was using a highsieeraamd method, this method was working to boot and to start installer, but when continue the process, in part that I need do the patch writing preinstall in terminal I reboot and I received the error of image 1. Im trying found the solution for many days all day searching solution, but nothing works. I already change date to 2017,2018,2019,2020,2021 and nothing works, so I asked for help to our friend Shanee, and He says to me fallow the Vanilla method to legacy. Ok I grateful and I went to do high Sierra legacy method from and osx here. I late a day fallowing step by step, but when I finished and I went to test, I received verbose charging and the process freeze. but now Im don't have solution, I need help too, I used the OpenCore checker too but don't works my configuration of OpenCore, I don't understand, I will send my screenshot and my efi from OpenCore, Im very grateful to any help, thanks brothers

Attachments

• 167217518_280754667011434_2569802165556161709_n.png
    167217518_280754667011434_2569802165556161709_n.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 19
  • My EFI AMD Legacy OpenCore dont work.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

RenanHackintosh

AMD OS X Member
I need to say that I have 2 methods to try, But method HighsierraAMD don't work because when I do the command "preinstall" in terminal and reboot the system show message the error that I showed in my previously message, I don't understand because this errors exist, I already changed date in terminal and Im searching solution, but I don't found nothing to work.

In the second method from Dortania Guide, in High Sierra Legacy Guide, I do the process step by step, but when I do boot, start verbose and freeze and don't works too, Im trying many days but I don't found solution that words to install high Sierra unfortunately, Im very grateful if someone can help me, thanks my friends

debilal02

AMD OS X Member
I need to say that I have 2 methods to try, But method HighsierraAMD don't work because when I do the command "preinstall" in terminal and reboot the system show message the error that I showed in my previously message, I don't understand because this errors exist, I already changed date in terminal and Im searching solution, but I don't found nothing to work.

In the second method from Dortania Guide, in High Sierra Legacy Guide, I do the process step by step, but when I do boot, start verbose and freeze and don't works too, Im trying many days but I don't found solution that words to install high Sierra unfortunately, Im very grateful if someone can help me, thanks my friends
Brother can you share the installer DMG for method HighsierraAMD ? I want to try that DMG for my FX 4300 with Asus Legacy Motherboard

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.