FX & Legacy (non-UEFI) Motherboard...

Raf

Original poster
May 15, 2020
Philadelphia, PA USA
Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS High Sierra onto my previous Clover-based AMD Sierra build. Principal hardware consists of an AMD FX-8350 & Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 [non-UEFI] Motherboard.

I'm running into issues with the installer / bootloader... OpenCore makes it past the BIOS & there appears to be 2 different sessions of activity on the USB. Eventually, it displays the following text & just hangs.

ASSERT [OpenCore] /Users/travis/build/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/UDK/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/IoLibGcc.c(152): (Port & 3) == 0

I'm following the OpenCore Install Guide for AMD, Builldozer (15h) & Jaguar (16h). Using the latest OpenCore 0.6.1. I'm trying the DEBUG version. I believe I have followed the instructions properly; perhaps I'm overlooking some Legacy options.

My sanity check, appears to check out w/ minimal to no issues…

I'm now just grasping at anything & everything, as I'm unsure where to look next for troubleshooting...

Perhaps I'll try files from an earlier OpenCore Pkg release.

Thanks,

--Raf

SiD10

Nov 1, 2020
Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS High Sierra onto my previous Clover-based AMD Sierra build. Principal hardware consists of an AMD FX-8350 & Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 [non-UEFI] Motherboard.

I'm running into issues with the installer / bootloader... OpenCore makes it past the BIOS & there appears to be 2 different sessions of activity on the USB. Eventually, it displays the following text & just hangs.

ASSERT [OpenCore] /Users/travis/build/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/UDK/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/IoLibGcc.c(152): (Port & 3) == 0

I'm following the OpenCore Install Guide for AMD, Builldozer (15h) & Jaguar (16h). Using the latest OpenCore 0.6.1. I'm trying the DEBUG version. I believe I have followed the instructions properly; perhaps I'm overlooking some Legacy options.

My sanity check, appears to check out w/ minimal to no issues…

I'm now just grasping at anything & everything, as I'm unsure where to look next for troubleshooting...

Perhaps I'll try files from an earlier OpenCore Pkg release.

Thanks,

--Raf
Hey @Raf,

I am stuck at the same using opencore 0.6.2. AMD FX 4100, legacy settings.

stuck on this. Not clue what to fix or change.

Did you find any solution for this?

Raf

Original poster
May 15, 2020
Philadelphia, PA USA
Hi @SiD10,

I've not yet found a solution; however, I haven't had the opportunity to revisit it. I hope to do so in the very near future & will update my post once I can make some progress.

I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that this board uses some Hybrid EFI BIOS; however, I've not yet looked into it further. Nor have I tried using other versions of OpenCore, but I think that's my next step.

Best of luck,

--Raf

liamldt

Nov 14, 2020
Ive have the same problem
I have amd fx 8300
asus m5a78l m lx3 legacy only
Gt 710
Have any find a fix yet

Archduke

Nov 25, 2020
Hi, can you post how did you make the USB? because I can't even make it boot, I have similar CPU (FX 8320) and Motherboard (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5), all legacy BIOS. I'm trying with the Dortania guide but it doesn't work.

liamldt

Nov 14, 2020
Hi, can you post how did you make the USB? because I can't even make it boot, I have similar CPU (FX 8320) and Motherboard (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5), all legacy BIOS. I'm trying with the Dortania guide but it doesn't work.
Hi I have got it to shows atleast some sign like this ,but I can’t remember how I formatted the usb .I cant get open core to even show or my pc to regonize the usb . i have been trying everday for hours to get s hackintosh up snd running ,but I can’t figure whats wrong . Hopefully I can get a working opencore