FX/bulldozer: How to enable USB2.0 (EHCI)? am I use XLNCUSBFix.kext correctly?

poppyer

AMD OS X Member
In 10.14, I am unable to get USB2.0(EHCI) working, only USB1.2(OHCI) get loaded. so web cam is super slow.

It seems EHCI is blocked by XLNCUSBFix.kext completely that AppleUSBEHCI.kext is unable to attach to it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.56.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.56.28 AM.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you added the kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and then added an entry for the kext to your config.plist. Then yes you are using it correctly.

If that isn’t what you did, then no you are not using it correctly.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Replace XLNCUSBFix with GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it should work.

poppyer

AMD OS X Member
Thanks Shaneee for the tip.

I tried disable XLNCUSBFix.kext, both with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext, it doesn't work.

Once XLNCUSBFix.kext is remove. I saw tons of "HCHalted did not set as expected:" error (see attached screenshot).

Since this is USB2.0 (black port), I think it is related to AppleUSBEHCI, not XHCI anyway, right?

I also remembered in 10.12, I need to use Shaneee_Sierra_USB_Fix.zip, is there something similar for 10.13?

Thanks.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
With my old FX rig, everything on High Sierra "just worked". I only used the GenericUSBXHCI kext and 2.0 ports work natively. If you've got a 3.0 port on the board use that for the installer and see if it'll boot that. If it does then great. Use Windows to create a USBMap and add it to your EFI. https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.