FX 4300 MacOS

Sbaffo97

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone!
I have an N68C-GS FX motherboard with an FX 4300 processor and an HD 5670 graphics card. Would it be possible for me to install MacOS Catalina? or at least High Sierra? thank you all for the help!

acasas

AMD OS X Member
I installed v2 (high sierra i guess) in a machine with fx8120 and HD6850, I used clover and outdated version for lilu and other kexts, so i think it's posible to install in your hardware

rickgrames

AMD OS X Member
Hola, yo tengo una fx 4100 con motherboard gigabyte ga78ltmusb3 y funciona, en mi caso tengo una placa de video ati radeon hd6770 que no es compatible por lo que tengo problemas de resolucion y video. Pero en todo lo demas me funciona bien.

PhilipRiz

AMD OS X Member
Hello.
I am using CustomWidget and I was wondering if you could help me understand different behaviour on Big Sur compared to older macOS versions.
I am using CustomWidget to get platform widget and in the end get a window reference for rendering like this

NSView pNSView = widget.platformWidget;
NSWindow pNSWindow = pNSView window;
WindowRef myWindowRef = WindowRefpNSWindow windowRef;

Later it would be used in aglSetWindowRef function.

Normally this would result in a correct myWindowRef that I can later use. However on Big Sur myWindowRef is always 0 for some reason.
Could you help me understand why it behaves like this? Is there some difference in how widgets or windows work? Thank you.

RenanHackintosh

AMD OS X Member
I installed v2 (high sierra i guess) in a machine with fx8120 and HD6850, I used clover and outdated version for lilu and other kexts, so i think it's posible to install in your hardware
hi friend, I'm a weeks trying to install high Sierra with my legacy motherboard and and fx 8300 but all methods I'm trying don't work, you can explain please how you do to install outdated high Sierra method?? thanks so much for the help

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using the OpenCore AMD guide you should be able to install High Sierra on your FX system. I have an FX8350/FX990/HD7870 system running Catalina using the OC guide.

Just make sure you follow the guide and include the AMD patches in the config.plist. No need to use legacy install methods with your FX system.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.