Freezing Installation for Big Sur on OpenCore 0.7.0, Ryzen 7 3700x.

MisutoQoon

AMD OS X Member
error2.jpg

Hey, folks! I'm trying to install Big Sur on my system and it's locking up at this specific place every time I try to get it installed.

Current system specs are as follows:
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Gigabyte B450M D3SH
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 480 (4GB)
I had a working Catalina install at one point, then tried to upgrade OpenCore (and my config.plist) which caused the installation to stop working.

Recently I've tried to do a fresh install of Big Sur, only to have it consistently lock up after it's done extracting files and moves on to configure stuff (~12 mins remaining, it says).

I've tried a few different things, like toggling "Above 4G Encoding" (and changing the relevant boot argument), fiddling with kexts, whatever the case may be.

I'm just at a loss and don't get why it's hard locking at this point. Would -really- like to get this functional this weekend, so I can start programming again.

Here's a copy of my current config.plist -- config.plist

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    47.9 KB · Views: 23

nicoinve

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 3380

Hey, folks! I'm trying to install Big Sur on my system and it's locking up at this specific place every time I try to get it installed.

Current system specs are as follows:
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Gigabyte B450M D3SH
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 480 (4GB)
I had a working Catalina install at one point, then tried to upgrade OpenCore (and my config.plist) which caused the installation to stop working.

Recently I've tried to do a fresh install of Big Sur, only to have it consistently lock up after it's done extracting files and moves on to configure stuff (~12 mins remaining, it says).

I've tried a few different things, like toggling "Above 4G Encoding" (and changing the relevant boot argument), fiddling with kexts, whatever the case may be.

I'm just at a loss and don't get why it's hard locking at this point. Would -really- like to get this functional this weekend, so I can start programming again.

Here's a copy of my current config.plist -- config.plist

Thanks in advance!
did it works?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Would be nice if people took the time to report back. Perhaps pinned onder the pc case, drinking his urine to stay alive 😅 since June. Tragic!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.