Freezing Installation for Big Sur on OpenCore 0.7.0, Ryzen 7 3700x.

MisutoQoon

error2.jpg

Hey, folks! I'm trying to install Big Sur on my system and it's locking up at this specific place every time I try to get it installed.

Current system specs are as follows:
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Gigabyte B450M D3SH
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 480 (4GB)
I had a working Catalina install at one point, then tried to upgrade OpenCore (and my config.plist) which caused the installation to stop working.

Recently I've tried to do a fresh install of Big Sur, only to have it consistently lock up after it's done extracting files and moves on to configure stuff (~12 mins remaining, it says).

I've tried a few different things, like toggling "Above 4G Encoding" (and changing the relevant boot argument), fiddling with kexts, whatever the case may be.

I'm just at a loss and don't get why it's hard locking at this point. Would -really- like to get this functional this weekend, so I can start programming again.

Here's a copy of my current config.plist -- config.plist

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

nicoinve

View attachment 3380

Hey, folks! I'm trying to install Big Sur on my system and it's locking up at this specific place every time I try to get it installed.

Current system specs are as follows:
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Gigabyte B450M D3SH
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 480 (4GB)
I had a working Catalina install at one point, then tried to upgrade OpenCore (and my config.plist) which caused the installation to stop working.

Recently I've tried to do a fresh install of Big Sur, only to have it consistently lock up after it's done extracting files and moves on to configure stuff (~12 mins remaining, it says).

I've tried a few different things, like toggling "Above 4G Encoding" (and changing the relevant boot argument), fiddling with kexts, whatever the case may be.

I'm just at a loss and don't get why it's hard locking at this point. Would -really- like to get this functional this weekend, so I can start programming again.

Here's a copy of my current config.plist -- config.plist

Thanks in advance!
did it works?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
Would be nice if people took the time to report back. Perhaps pinned onder the pc case, drinking his urine to stay alive 😅 since June. Tragic!

Top Bottom