Forcing Cs_runtime for Entitlement: Com.apple.hid.manager.user-access-keyboard help needed / IOCONSOLEUSERS: GIOSCREENLOCKSTATE

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
if you have wlan then you can do the Ethernet port afterwards otherwise it would need to be sorted out.
how did you create your installer?
via windows or in MacOS?
if windows then you can only do it the way it’s laid out in the OpenCore guide but if you are doing it via MacOS then you can do it via a DMG.
I did the installer in windows with the Opencore guide.

I will try the installation again, this time with different USB ports. And I hope that it will work with one of them. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sometimes making a installer via windows can be a slightly troublesome task so it might be worth trying to remake your installer.
Ive just looked though the EFI to see if I missed anything and nothing pops out but I have made a couple of small quirk changes.
I doubt it will make a difference but it is slightly more correct quirk wise so give it a try anyway,
What make is your 6800XT?

Attachments

• Asus B550-i 071 EFI .zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
Sometimes making a installer via windows can be a slightly troublesome task so it might be worth trying to remake your installer.
Ive just looked though the EFI to see if I missed anything and nothing pops out but I have made a couple of small quirk changes.
I doubt it will make a difference but it is slightly more correct quirk wise so give it a try anyway,
What make is your 6800XT?

Okay, I will create a new installer after trying out all the usb ports. Thank you for the adjusted EFI.

I have the AMD Radeon 6800 XT Midnight Black from AMD Direct.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Okay, I will create a new installer after trying out all the usb ports. Thank you for the adjusted EFI.

I have the AMD Radeon 6800 XT Midnight Black from AMD Direct.
Very Nice,
How did you manage to get your hands on one of them via AMD?
Thats like winning the lottery that is…lol

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
Very Nice,
How did you manage to get your hands on one of them via AMD?
Thats like winning the lottery that is…lol
They restock every Thursday at around 16:00 CET. I opened the page just for fun at that time and really got one. Normally I am always late to the party but this time I saw the "add to cart" button. Really happy, great card. :) now I just need to get Big Sur running.. :)

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
So I tried everything I could possibly try, different USB Ports, different USB Sticks (USB 2.0 and 3.0) and I am still stuck at the same error. I reset the bios 3 times now and always used only your recommended settings and still can't do it.. :( The last thing I always see is Forcing Cs_runtime for Entitlement: Com.apple.hid.manager.user-access-keyboard. I hope you have one last idea what I can do.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Il try and think of something and let you know.

Have you any point tried clearing your NVRam?
Press space at the bootpicker and you will see the option to clear it.

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
Il try and think of something and let you know.

Have you any point tried clearing your NVRam?
Press space at the bootpicker and you will see the option to clear it.
Yes, I did reset the NVRam every time. Now I tried even more USB sticks and everytime it behaves the same with the finale at the same error. I will try to analyze some more EFI folders from other users. I saw a few on this forum and went through two so far and couldn't find that many differences to the EFI you provided.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes, I did reset the NVRam every time. Now I tried even more USB sticks and everytime it behaves the same with the finale at the same error. I will try to analyze some more EFI folders from other users. I saw a few on this forum and went through two so far and couldn't find that many differences to the EFI you provided.
The ACPi files I provided for you are nearly all pulled from an Asus board so its just perfect with your b550
i don’t think it’s a EFI problem TBH mate but you do all the testing you can and maybe you can get to the bottom of the problem.
Good Luck Bud, 😊

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What's the device and vendor ID of your Wireless card out of curiosity?

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
What's the device and vendor ID of your Wireless card out of curiosity?
This is the card I installed. I hope this wasn't the culprit.

I just changed the wifi card to the original tho and will try it out with that card :)

Attachments

• 16262142356846271165810307054987.jpg
    16262142356846271165810307054987.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 16262142698364166768346224973605.jpg
    16262142698364166768346224973605.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
I can't believe it!! It's running, I can install big sur :) :) the wifi card was the reason it didn't work.. I wish I knew it before spending so much time on this. But thanks to you two. You guys are really the best! Really appreciate your help and work in this great community. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
yeah that's a BCM94350ZAE, Not a good chipset to use at all

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If you want to swap out the internal WLAN then you want to get yourself a BCM94360NG as that runs natively with nothing doing to get it going.

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
If you want to swap out the internal WLAN then you want to get yourself a BCM94360NG as that runs natively with nothing doing to get it going.
I will try to get my hand on one of those. So I will not need any kext for this card? Just plug it in and I am good to go? :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I will try to get my hand on one of those. So I will not need any kext for this card? Just plug it in and I am good to go? :)
yes that's correct. totall plug and play. I use the very same card and everything works perfectly including Apple Watch unlock.

Ali Express is where I got mine from.

orangucan

AMD OS X Member
So apparently I am not completely done yet. I can get into the installation screen but when I press install it goes through pretty normal and after 10 minutes with approx. 1.5h remaining I get a black screen. After that it will take 5 minutes until it restarts and when it boots I can see an "macos installer" entry in opencore. But when I press it, it boots to the installation screen again and I have to start over..

I already reset NVRam, checked in the terminal whether my NVRam works but I haven't found another possible solution.

I hope you guys can help me out again. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
So apparently I am not completely done yet. I can get into the installation screen but when I press install it goes through pretty normal and after 10 minutes with approx. 1.5h remaining I get a black screen. After that it will take 5 minutes until it restarts and when it boots I can see an "macos installer" entry in opencore. But when I press it, it boots to the installation screen again and I have to start over..

I already reset NVRam, checked in the terminal whether my NVRam works but I haven't found another possible solution.

I hope you guys can help me out again. :)
Start from the beginning again but this time once the process starts just leave it alone and let it do it’s thing including when it restarts.
everything you described that happened was correct apart from the part when you took over. The screen going black was the monitor power saving and a click of the mouse would of brought it back but again start over and once it gets going leave it alone and it will install correctly and select The correct drive on its own during restarts.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey buddy while I remember I thought I would tell you how to get your ethernet working as somebody just told me a new method so I thought I would pass it on to you.
all you got to do is go into the config.plist and add the following to your boot arguments.
Code:
dk.e1000=0
Then save and restart and your ethernet should come to life.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.