Focusrite Scarlett USB problem with x570 boards?

Stondexx

AMD OS X Member
Just in case someone else has this problem,before changing the motherboard try disabling one or all of the following in the BIOS:

C-State , AMD QuietNCool , Serial Port

ardweebno

AMD OS X Member
Yes, a simple pcie card, this one. It draws power from the slot, so no need to add power or anything.

The Inatek works, but it's not as good as this one with the USB-C ports. The reason is this card has a USB 3.0 header built in for your case front-mounted USB ports. If your case is like pretty much all modern ATX cases, you should have a 20-pin cable connected to one of the USB 3.0 headers on your motherboard. If you buy the card with the USB-C ports, it has a 20-pin USB 3.0 header on it, which means you can migrate your front case USB ports to the PCIe card, rather than leaving them connected to the built-in x570 USB controller.

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Just in case someone else has this problem,before changing the motherboard try disabling one or all of the following in the BIOS:

C-State , AMD QuietNCool , Serial Port
I was having issues with 2 new Graphics cards. They are working fine now I disabled Compatibility Support Module (CSM) and the Serial Port. I still have a serial port game controller, that I have tried to get up and running on my Raspberry Pi with Mame, but never had any luck with the USB convertor.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
...which means you can migrate your front case USB ports to the PCIe card, rather than leaving them connected to the built-in x570 USB controller.

Ah, that is a good idea. I've noticed when booting Linux Live USB that those front ports are iffy (maybe an X570 thing too) in that it boots, then complains about not being able to enumerate the device, UNTIL I take it out and put it into the port next to it. It then boots without issue. See if I can track this card down in one of the European Amazon stores. edit Well I can, but Amazon Germany wants 88 euros for it and UK does not deliver it to my address. I'll manage for now!

Last edited:

ardweebno

AMD OS X Member
Ah, that is a good idea. I've noticed when booting Linux Live USB that those front ports are iffy (maybe an X570 thing too) in that it boots, then complains about not being able to enumerate the device, UNTIL I take it out and put it into the port next to it. It then boots without issue. See if I can track this card down in one of the European Amazon stores. edit Well I can, but Amazon Germany wants 88 euros for it and UK does not deliver it to my address. I'll manage for now!

How close are you to Ludenscheid? My company has an office there and I ship parts there from the US every few weeks. ;)

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
About 250 kilometers, in Utrecht. :) Amazon does have this affordable card, with an internal connector, but it lacks the type c of the card you suggested.

ardweebno

AMD OS X Member
About 250 kilometers, in Utrecht. :) Amazon does have this affordable card, with an internal connector, but it lacks the type c of the card you suggested.

Looking at that card, the Fresco Logic FL1100 chip is supported, but support for the Via VL812 chip is sketchy at best. I don't know which ports are connected to the FL1100 chip, but it's likely half of the ports on that card won't work. If you really want to support the front ports, this card would be a better option.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.