Focusrite Control: Ho Hardware Connected

littlejon_cz

AMD OS X Member
Using Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB audio interface. The interface is recognised by the system and works. I am able to change some of the settings using the Audio MIDI Setup system utility, but to change more specific options like routing I need to use the Focusrite Control application. However the app doesn't recognise the device and shows "No Hardware Connected" message. Using the latest version 3.6.0.1822.

Does anyone have success using the app with their device?

I've done USB mapping and believe to have it right. Only had to rename one duplicate device name. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Emtee

AMD OS X Member
Hey, I have the same audio interface. Focusrite Control doesn't recognise the interface if it's plugged into a USB port that is controlled by XHC. However, if I plug the interface to a port conrolled by PTXH, the Focusrite Control works perfectly. So try plugging the interface to another port and see if it works. I have Asus Strix B450-I motherboard which has problems with USB devices connected to the XHC controller.

MöllyMcAlpine

AMD OS X Member
I don't have 18i8 but I use Scarlett 2i2, and the same version of Focusrite Control nicely works. I didn't perform any tweak about USB.
I'm sorry that I don't have specific clue but just want you to know my Scarlett works with Focusrite Control, even though it's not same as yours, it's a 2i2.

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2020-06-07 23.42.07.png
    スクリーンショット 2020-06-07 23.42.07.png
    556.3 KB · Views: 13

littlejon_cz

AMD OS X Member
Hey, I have the same audio interface. Focusrite Control doesn't recognise the interface if it's plugged into a USB port that is controlled by XHC. However, if I plug the interface to a port conrolled by PTXH, the Focusrite Control works perfectly. So try plugging the interface to another port and see if it works. I have Asus Strix B450-I motherboard which has problems with USB devices connected to the XHC controller.

Oh, I see. Unfortunately my motherboard only has XHC controllers. I already tried all the USB ports. Even tried USB C dongle without success. This at least gives me some hint. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.