Tutorial Fixing (Green Screen) DRM on BigSur for AppleTV and Apple Music Streaming

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'll try trying to create an SSDT-BRG0, as long as I can understand something !!

Honestly, more than seeing AppleTV on the ryzentosh I would like to solve the blackscreen problem that recurs from time to time.
Maybe with SSDT-BRG0 I solve that as well

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
mnmnmm, I have acpi-path in IORegistryExplorer, IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/GPPB@30004

acpi-val.jpg

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Honestly, more than seeing AppleTV on the ryzentosh I would like to solve the blackscreen problem that recurs from time to time.
Maybe with SSDT-BRG0 I solve that as well
Have you tried switching between GPU outputs to see if the problem is port based?
Also if you have multiple monitors in use have you tried dropping down to a single screen to see if the problem remains?

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Have you tried switching between GPU outputs to see if the problem is port based?
Also if you have multiple monitors in use have you tried dropping down to a single screen to see if the problem remains?
I have tried everything; HDMI or DP, PCIe switching in uefi, when i think I have solved ... it comes back

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
There’s two methods listed.
method 1 works for some Depending on your system but method two works 100% for everybody.
if its not working using method two then there’s something wrong with your config.

bondpham

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,
As it says in the title I'm here to tell you how to fix DRM properly and get your video playback working instead of a green screen while using AppleTV or Apple Music Streaming via Big Sur. :)

Please Note - Make sure your using the latest version of Whatevergreen (1.4.7) and Lilu in your EFI Folder that I will attach bellow.

Method 1
Firstly you need to extract your GPU path and add it to your device properties.
You can do this using Hackintool or using gfxutil with the following command.
  • path/to/gfxutil -f GFX0
In my instance and probably everybody else using the top PCIe slot on a Gigabyte X570 board its
  • PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Then all you need todo is add the following info with this Data value
  • unfairgva - 01000000
Once Done it should look like this
View attachment 2310

Then save your config, Restart and enjoy your viewing, It really is as simple as that.

Method 2
If the first method doesn’t work for you then simply just add unfairgva=1 to your boot arguments instead.
(Big Thanks to @kode54 for discovering and pointing this method out. :) )

I hope this helps all you people with this problem and don't forget to install the latest WhateverGreen.kext & Lilu or it won't work
Enjoy :)
Method 2 work for me, thank you.

tuliodomingos

AMD OS X Member
Vou tentar criar um SSDT-BRG0, desde que consiga entender alguma coisa !!

Sinceramente, mais do que ver o AppleTV no ryzentosh, gostaria de resolver o problema da tela preta que se repete de vez em quando.
Talvez com SSDT-BRG0 eu resolva isso também

martinbeiker

AMD OS X Member
I have just registered on this forum to thank you. I managed to get it working, first it only worked with the boot argument, but now I've created an SSDT to make the injection work with DeviceProperties. One thing that irks me though is that if you reed the github commits, unfairgva is for MacPro5,1, so I'm not sure why this is working for us.
I'll attach my SSDT in case someone wants to use it as a template to create their own.
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "ACDT", "GFX0", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.NPE7, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.NPE7)
    {
        Device (GFX0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        }

Device (HDAU)
        {
            Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
        }
    }
}

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome buddy, that’s good stuff.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@martinbeiker That ssdt is probably universal across all boards, il try it out without any attempting to change it and see. I have a few setups here I can Chuck it on..lol

martinbeiker

AMD OS X Member
@martinbeiker That ssdt is probably universal across all boards, il try it out without any attempting to change it and see. I have a few setups here I can Chuck it on..lol
I'm not so sure about that. I'm on the x79 platform with a chinese motherboard.
A common GPU ACPI path is
Code:
_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
. I reckon that would be a lot more universal.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'm not so sure about that. I'm on the x79 platform with a chinese motherboard.
A common GPU ACPI path is
Code:
_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
. I reckon that would be a lot more universal.
Ah ok I didn’t realise you weren’t AMD. That makes total sense then. 👍
ok I’m on it. :)

Lsx285

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much for this simple fix. :) just a bummer that my disney+/netflix still don't work.

edit:// ok that's awkward.. Just reinstalled everything and it just works lol

Last edited:

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I did both of the methods and yet the green screen in appletv+...

I found this in hackintool but upon checking it the method 1 part was already done thanks to AudioGod... Not quite sure where to check...

UPDATE-- I didn't realize that unfairgva=1 was part of WhateverGreen.kext param. Re-enabling this kext and adding agdpmod=pikera fixes this issue.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I did both of the methods and yet the green screen in appletv+...

I found this in hackintool but upon checking it the method 1 part was already done thanks to AudioGod... Not quite sure where to check...

UPDATE-- I didn't realize that unfairgva=1 was part of WhateverGreen.kext param. Re-enabling this kext and adding agdpmod=pikera fixes this issue.
unfairgva=1 is a WEG related boot argument as is doing it via the device properties so yes you will need WEG enabled to use the fix.

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod Any Idea if this would work for a Nvidia GT710 2GB -GDDR5.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Any Idea if this would work for a Nvidia GT710 2GB -GDDR5.
I honestly do not know the answer to that one buddy but you can find out easy enough by adding unfairgva=1 to your boot arguments.

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
I honestly do not know the answer to that one buddy but you can find out easy enough by adding unfairgva=1 to your boot arguments.
I attemped to use this on my current card, however this does not fix the black screen I get on playback, audio works fine. My Graphics card is also the GK208 variant that is supposed to
work right out the box. :/
1631129779404.png

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.