Tutorial Fixing (Green Screen) DRM on BigSur for AppleTV and Apple Music Streaming

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I attemped to use this on my current card, however this does not fix the black screen I get on playback, audio works fine. My Graphics card is also the GK208 variant that is supposed to
work right out the box. :/
View attachment 4009
Try disabling WEG

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Will do, I will let you know the results. I belive their is a boot-args to disable it right!?
Yo can leave it there for now as your testing it’s only a WEG related argument anyway I’m guessing so no effect, if the kext is disabled the boot argument won’t work or remove it if your OCD insists like mine would…lol

MiyaWilliams

AMD OS X Member
Still the same issue, but I am using GTX 1650 and RAM is 8GB. Facing green screen on BigSur for Apple TV. Apple Music streaming green screen issue if fixed.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Still the same issue, but I am using GTX 1650 and RAM is 8GB. Facing green screen on BigSur for Apple TV. Apple Music streaming green screen issue if fixed.
Doesn’t work on NVidia cards as far as I know I’m afraid.

kol909

AMD OS X Member
I'll try trying to create an SSDT-BRG0, as long as I can understand something !!

Honestly, more than seeing AppleTV on the ryzentosh I would like to solve the blackscreen problem that recurs from time to time.
Maybe with SSDT-BRG0 I solve that as well.
I will try also. Its really awesome..!

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I changed my build to B550 recently and loading WEG (all latest kexts) black screens soon after Apple logo is shown. No options, simply adding the kext. I don't really need WEG (don't care about streaming on this build) but interesting to point out.

Another interesting point is this:

Code:
% ./gfxutil -f GFX0 
DevicePath not found!

% ./gfxutil -f VGA 
09:00.0 1002:73bf /PCI0@0/GPP8@3,1/SWUS@0/SWDS@0/VGA@0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Thus by default, there is not GFX0 device, there's VGA and HDAU.

Note that except (some) DRM, everything else works, include correct GPU performance, sleep/wake etc.

kjoona

AMD OS X Member
Big thanks to you for this tutorial! Apple TV was pretty much the last thing that didn't work on my rig for the longest time, wish I'd found this earlier.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.