First time Ryzentosh Build

averagejoey

AMD OS X Member
Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while looking at Ryzentosh and Hackintosh builds and am about ready to need a new computer since my 2013 MacBook Pro is aging and my work laptop is... just for work. The specs and a friend's recommendation sold me on AMD over Intel. Haven't built a PC for myself since 2004 (for work since 2013) so I am a little rusty, especially on all the new cooling and M.2 drives. I can wait a bit on the new Ryzen 5000 series once it is stable in a build, but wanted to get the community's opinion on the other pieces and get suggestions where I'm not as well versed. I plan to run two M.2 drives, one for Windows side (needed for work) and the other for MacOS.

Currently looking at these parts:
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi - may not use WiFi in MacOS, but heard onboard Bluetooth has success
Processor: Ryzen 3700X (or 5600X once available)
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black
Video card: Open to suggestions, would like to stay under/around $200-300. Have read Sapphire cards have done well, may not be ready for a 6000 series price. Currently looking at Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB NITRO+ SE Video Card
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 16GB
Storage: 2x WD Black SN750 500GB (one for Windows and one for MacOS)
WD Blue SSD for backup image
PSU: Corsair HX750 Platinum
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

I can make room for the Fenvi card should I need WiFi, but didn't know about the max number of SSD/HDDs using SATA ports available if dual booting.

Looking forward to getting this going sometime this winter!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Looks good to run macOS. I'm sure you can replace the onboard WiFi on that board with a compatible one. You can check which models work here, https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/

The GPU you are looking at will work just fine in macOS (y) Using a seperate drive for macOS and Windows is great too as that's what we recommend.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.