First time AMD OS X build - Cant get past EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

ABomb369

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I am attempting my first hackintosh build but for the last 3 days of troubleshooting can't seem to get it to work. I am reaching out to those with more experience to ask for a little guidance as to what my problem may be. I tried following all the troubleshooting steps in the guide but they did not help plus most mention they are not for AMD systems.

This new system is to replace my current desktop that will get demoted to my new home server running Ubuntu Server. My old system ran just Win10 and was my gaming rig as well as day to day workstation so looking to dual boot macOS and Win10 but just trying to get macOS working first.

Here is my new build hardware:
MB = x570 ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi (This wasn't my first choice but was the only board in stock at the time of purchase that wasn't selling for over $500)
CPU = AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
RAM = GSkill Ripjaws DDR3600 4x16GB kit (only 48GB in the system as one stick was bad and is currently being RMA'd)
GPU = Gigabyte Arous 5700XT (First ATI GPU I have bought since the ATI Rage 3D card, have had nothing but early 3dfx or Geforce cards since the first Geforce GPU was released. Plus my BiL works for Nvidia so that has always swayed my purchase.)
Primary OSX Drives = 2 x 1TB Samsung EVO 970s
Secondary Drive = 250GB Samsung EVO 970 Plus installed on PCIe HyperX card for future Win10 install

I seem to keep getting stuck on EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] during the Install MacOS process. I am attaching the most recent log file generated by OC on my install media along with my config.plist. Since I don't know much about this I just followed the guide defaults. This stuff is still outside my realm of knowledge (hopefully not for long) and I looking for some help from others as to what my problem may be.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-07-06-065350.txt
    256 KB · Views: 12
  • config.plist
    41.4 KB · Views: 9

ABomb369

AMD OS X Member
I just realized I put this in the post install section instead of the install section. Sorry about that, if a mod could move it I would appreciate it.

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have almost the same specs as you and I went through your config file. I would suggest two things.

1. You don't have a SSDT-EC.aml file in your ACPI folder present and thus also not in your config file. I had a similar issue and had to compile that particular file. Try compiling that and adding it to the folder as well as to your config file.

2. Try only using 2 ram sticks and not 3. You are using those memory banks not symmetrical (this sounds like some superstitious mambo jumbo but it cant hurt :)

good luck

slead

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In your config file, under BOOTER > QUIRKS, select the following and then try.
RebuildAppleMemoryMap = NO
SetupVirtualMap = NO

good luck

ABomb369

AMD OS X Member
In your config file, under BOOTER > QUIRKS, select the following and then try.
RebuildAppleMemoryMap = NO
SetupVirtualMap = NO

good luck

I have tried setting both of those to NO as well as both to YES as well as YES/NO and NO/YES but I am still getting the same result everytime.

peetas

AMD OS X Member
Hi ABomb369,

Have you managed to find a solution yet?

I am having the exact same problem as you on similar hardware. I also tried everything I could from the guide and troubleshooting section and had someone on the Discord server that tried to help, but no luck yet.

The part in the troubleshooting on this error also did not help.

We're obviously missing something

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Do you have SyncRuntimePermissions enabled? I needed to enable that after updating the BIOS with the latest AGESA.

peetas

AMD OS X Member
Hi ABomb369,

I managed to get my installation done and most things work.

The fix for me was to add npci=0x2000 to the boot-args

Does not make sense since I have Above 4G Decoding enabled in BIOS, so I did not even think of trying that initially.

Hope that works for you if you haven't found a fix already.

Other things you can try...
Check that your .efi files are from the same build (OpenCore version and release/debug)
Set PCIe to Gen3 (although after install I was able to set mine back to Auto and it still works)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.