• GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE 5600 XT 6GB
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Storage: Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + 8TB WD HDD
  • Ethernet: Realtek RTL8111H
  • Wi-Fi/BT: Fenvi T919
  • Audio: Realtek ALC892
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.5.9
What works?
  • After certain SSDTs and kexts, I have sleep fully working now.
  • WIFI / BT, Ethernet
  • iCloud, Apple ID, and Continuity features
Issues:
  • Other than a slightly lower than Windows benchmark there aren't any other issues.
Kexts:
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • AppleALC
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • Lilu
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • USBPorts.kext (Would have just used SSDT-XHC0.aml but that was the only controller that worked with Checkra1n iPhone jailbreak utility. It uses a USB exploit for the boot level jailbreak. )
  • AGPMInjector
  • NullEthernetInjector
ACPI
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
  • SSDT-RMNE.aml
  • SSDT-SBUS.aml

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing.

I'd be interested what do the SSDT-RMNE and SSDT-SBUS do? Didn't see them in any Ryzen build yet.

Codester

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing.

I'd be interested what do the SSDT-RMNE and SSDT-SBUS do? Didn't see them in any Ryzen build yet.

It's for fixing En0 under the Fixing iServices section of the guide. It works with the NullEthernet.kext to make MacOs believe it's builtin. As for SBUS, I've been reading so many discord chats, forum posts, and credit that it might be needed or I might not need it. All I know is my SMBus controller shows up in IORegistryExplorer. I have a programming background and have been a genius technician in an Apple store for a long time so most of these items I haven't really had to deal with until now. Still learning ACPI and modding SSDTs for my rig.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the explanation, would you mind sharing SSDT-SBUS.aml? I'm in a similar place, also still learning a lot regarding ACPI :)

Codester

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the explanation, would you mind sharing SSDT-SBUS.aml? I'm in a similar place, also still learning a lot regarding ACPI :)

I just followed the guide on this page. All you do is find your SMBus controller in IORegistryExplorer and change it within the example .dsl file in the Opencore files you get from the Github. The UUID within the SSDT is confusing. I'm thinking it is a UUID for an official Mac so it tricks the MacOS into thinking it is so it will load the necessary AppleSMBusController kext.

Attachments

• SSDT-SBUS.zip
    919 bytes · Views: 61

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok, must be newer. Can't remember seeing that when I've followed the guide. Maybe should read the thing again for the new things added.
The DTGP method isn't used in the SSDT-SBUS. I've got that for other SSDT which used it.

Interestingly, the kexts were loaded on my system even without the SSDT but only with it it shows driver installed with "Yes".
Maybe due to injected device properties to get everything listed under PCI overview. Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 20.42.47.png

FX91

AMD OS X Member
I just followed the guide on this page...
Hi, casually I'm building a PC with the same hardware (same MOBO, CPU and GPU) and I want to make a hackintosh too.
I searched for information online and found your thread. I didn't know this "Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide" but it seems very useful and well done!
I am very newbie but I like to study, understand and learn new things. I have time and I'm not in a hurry.
Questions:
Can I dual boot with Windows 10 and MacOS Catalina?
Did you do everything following this Dortania's guide? Or anyway following this guide should I have all the necessary information?
Thanks for the help(y)

Last edited:

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Yes, you can dual boot with windows. Its best to have Windows 10 and MacOS on separate hard drives. I recommend you disconnect the Window 10 hard drive first before install MacOS, so you don't accidently screw up your windows hard drive. After you get MacOS up and running, then you can reconnect the Windows hard drive for a dual boot setup.

FX91

AMD OS X Member
I was thinking of putting Windows on an SSD m2 and MacOS on a regular SSD
Because I want to use Windows for gaming too, so with an SSD m2 it should be a bit faster

asle

AMD OS X Member
Specs
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
What works?
  • WIFI / BT, Ethernet
Issues:
  • Other than a slightly lower than Windows benchmark there aren't any other issues.
Kexts:
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • USBPorts.kext (Would have just used SSDT-XHC0.aml but that was the only controller that worked with Checkra1n iPhone jailbreak utility. It uses a USB exploit for the boot level jailbreak. )
  • AGPMInjector
  • NullEthernetInjector
ACPI
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
  • SSDT-RMNE.aml
  • SSDT-SBUS.aml
Hi, I am interested in how you fixed your sleep. You write "After certain SSDTs and kexts, I have sleep fully working now." I have a Aorus B450-i ITX and have big problems with sleep, also not able to patch USB. Have to disable all XHCO and leave PTXH ports.

Codester

AMD OS X Member
Sorry guys. Been moving across the country the last few weeks so haven't really been on much. Sleep worked great for a few weeks and it just stopped working the last couple. I was thinking it was due to upgrading to OC 0.6 but it was doing it a couple of days before that issue too. Whenever I check the logs, it just spits out this issue: "DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN]: due to / Using AC (Charge:0%) 45 secs" and does that every few minutes. I did rewrite my USB mapping kext but that didn't work either.

EDIT: I got sleep working perfectly all night again. I cannot enable wake from USB in BIOS without darkwake issues. I have to press the power button to wake now but I can live with that for now.

Hi, casually I'm building a PC with the same hardware (same MOBO, CPU, and GPU) and I want to make a Hackintosh too.
I searched for information online and found your thread. I didn't know this "Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide" but it seems very useful and well done!
I am very newbie but I like to study, understand and learn new things. I have time and I'm not in a hurry.
Questions:
Can I dual boot with Windows 10 and MacOS Catalina?
Did you do everything following this Dortania's guide? Or anyway following this guide should I have all the necessary information?
Thanks for the help(y)

Yes, I did follow the Vanilla guide exactly but there were many times I ventured out into the discord server or forums to search for things. I do have both macOS and Windows on the same SSD. I've had to fight the Windows boot manager a few times every update or every time I would reset NVRAM. It would basically take over and couldn't boot into OC anymore. I fixed it by enabling Bootstrap and adding an entry for Windows 10 in the Misc > Entries section on the config file. I renamed the Windows boot manager as well so windows couldn't find it but set the file path in the entries section so OC could still boot into Windows. Never had an issue after that.

I did manage to move everything over to rEFInd as my boot manager though. I wanted the user interface customization that Open Canopy didn't provide. You still have to use OC but it just strings them together. But I would just use separate SSDs or NVME if you are new to this stuff as it's much easier.

Last edited:

tikizondo94

AMD OS X Member
I just followed the guide on this page. All you do is find your SMBus controller in IORegistryExplorer and change it within the example .dsl file in the Opencore files you get from the Github. The UUID within the SSDT is confusing. I'm thinking it is a UUID for an official Mac so it tricks the MacOS into thinking it is so it will load the necessary AppleSMBusController kext.

I seem to loose sleep when I add SMBUS. Are you having the same issues? Attached is the ACPI method I use for adding SMBUS. It seems to load SBUS in PCI info. But sleep disappears.

Attachments

• SSDT-SBUS-MCHC-AMD.aml.zip
    992 bytes · Views: 28

xlvii

AMD OS X Member
Specs
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
What works?
  • WIFI / BT, Ethernet
Issues:
Kexts:
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AGPMInjector
  • NullEthernetInjector
ACPI
  • SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
  • SSDT-RMNE.aml
  • SSDT-SBUS.aml
I also have same hardware specs. I've stuck on "log exitbs start". So can you share your EFI Files with us?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.