First Hackintosh Build - Advice Needed

Viltaria

AMD OS X Member
Hey Team,

I'm new to the AMD-OSX and Hackintosh-ing community, and would really appreciate some much needed advice.
I was wondering if someone could check over the compatibility of my current hardware setup and let me know
if there is any way I could potentially install and run OSX Big Sur, and the components that need to be changed
in order for a build to succeed. Please note that I work as a Software Engineer and so I should be able try and debug
issues – even if some of the hardware isn't exactly ideal.

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
Wifi Chipset: Intel Wireless-AC 9260
CPU: Ryzen 3600X
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (18-22-22-42) CL18
GPU: Gigabyte 2070 Super
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo (1TB NVME) + Samsung 870 Evo (1TB)
Power Supply: Corsair 850W (80+ Gold)

The reason I wanted to convert my existing build into a Hackintosh is for coding and video-editing. A lot of the
coding I do is done through Mac, and so having a Hackintosh handy would incredibly speed up my workflow.
For video editing I rely a lot on Final Cut Pro, and so was wondering if you could recommend some options
that would be ideal (mid-high tier graphics card, preferably in the $600-$1000 USD price-point).
Thank you so much for your time and consideration, I look forward to your replies!

PS: Please let me know if there's any critical information that's missing and I'll provide it as quickly as I
can!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
No problem. The 5700XT will work yes. With the 6000 series only the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT work on macOS.

Viltaria

AMD OS X Member
No problem. The 5700XT will work yes. With the 6000 series only the 6800, 6800XT and 6900XT work on macOS.
Thank you so much!! I'm sorry to be bugging you so much with this, but could I please ask you to confirm one final thing for me: I'm unsure if this is a bit of a dumb question, but is the 5700XT / 6800 Final Cut Pro compatible? Apple themselves have a set list of compatible GPU's which can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT202239
However, I wanted to know if a Hackintosh is similarly limited to using one of these mentioned GPUs, when it comes to Final Cut Pro specifically.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It'll use the same driver as the Mac would so I'd assume so yes. I've never used Final Cut Pro my self so can't say how well it performs I'm afraid.

Viltaria

AMD OS X Member
It'll use the same driver as the Mac would so I'd assume so yes. I've never used Final Cut Pro my self so can't say how well it performs I'm afraid.
You're an absolute legend bud! Thank you so much for the heads up, I really-really appreciate it a lot! <3

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.