alutes

AMD OS X Member
Long story short, I have a Presonus 16.0.2 Mixing board that connects via firewire. I installed a presonus recommended firewire card in the computer. Currently my Hackintosh is able to identify that it has firewire and can see the board; however I do not know how to send or receive audio from the board via firewire. My audio chip set is ALC 1220 and I'm currently running ALC codec 28.

I have installed the drivers from presonus but I can not get firewire audio to work.

I am at a loss, please help.

SYSTEM SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 3800X
MB: X570 Asrock Steele Legend WiFI
FireWire: Vantec UGT-FW210
GPU: RX 590
OC: 0.5.9

Attachments

• FireWire.png
    FireWire.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 7

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
Hi Alutes,

did you get your Presonus to work on your hackintosh? I'm having the same problem using my Steinberg MR816x (recognized on System information but not showing in sound preferences neither using it own app).

1607443540445.png

I thought it could be something related to the Unknown CPU but can't get it to work properly...

alutes

AMD OS X Member
I've not been able to at the moment. My own idea is that I could possibly convert firewire to thunderbolt 2 (apple dongle) then convert that to thunderbolt 3 (apple dongle) and that could potentially work. I am also considering moving to Big Sur (though I doubt it will do anything). Currently I just live track in windows to get by for now. I'll let you know if I am able to get it figured out.

leon_kls

AMD OS X Member
I've not been able to at the moment. My own idea is that I could possibly convert firewire to thunderbolt 2 (apple dongle) then convert that to thunderbolt 3 (apple dongle) and that could potentially work. I am also considering moving to Big Sur (though I doubt it will do anything). Currently I just live track in windows to get by for now. I'll let you know if I am able to get it figured out.

Great alutes,

I will let you know If I get my MR816x to work (also thought about dongles but I'd prefer to have my USB-C/TB3 port just for my external SSD for my visual footage...)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.